Thread: Kingpins?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Kingpins?

Hey guys, i was curiouse weither stance kingpins are as bad as i hear, or are they ok for me to use for Downhill, they come stock on the 2005 VPS savage i am contemplating tradeing my bike for, and the savage will be used as a starter DH bike.
    Look forward to seeing your apinions.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! bad idea...

i got a kingpin on my big hit and that was a big mistake. in 3 weeks i snapped the forks right in half landing me in the hospital for a day. the only good thing is that manitou sent me a brand new Travis 200 mil triple for absolutely free. basically, don't expect to do more than ride off a curb on kingpins!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian boss
    i got a kingpin on my big hit and that was a big mistake. in 3 weeks i snapped the forks right in half landing me in the hospital for a day. the only good thing is that manitou sent me a brand new Travis 200 mil triple for absolutely free. basically, don't expect to do more than ride off a curb on kingpins!
    Got pics?
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Service Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I decided against the trade, couldn't trade my devinci lol, i think im going to just get some DC's for my hucker and try raceing in the HT categpory.