Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    What?
    Very Impressive. Wish I could afford one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Very Impressive. Wish I could afford one.
    Don't we all Although, if I did spend that much on a fork, I would likely find myself single very quickly!

The 4 little keys to help the torsional rigidity seems such a simple idea, I'm surprised no ones though of it before.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    My KindShock adjustable seatpost has the keyways to keep its side to side play at a miniumum. Seems to work pretty well, but a fork and a seat post dont see the same kind of forces.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    My KindShock adjustable seatpost has the keyways to keep its side to side play at a miniumum. Seems to work pretty well, but a fork and a seat post dont see the same kind of forces.

It will be interesting to see how the system holds up long term. X fusion seems pretty confident in it, But that doesnt mean much. Im sure every product that has had problems was released with a lot of confidence. I personally hope that it works great, and ends up being a game changer for inverted mountain bike forks. Only time will tell.

mtbr member
    Keep in mind that motocross upside down forks have double crowns. Its not like they are giving up a crown when they go upside down.

Also pretty bomber axles, my Honda with USD fork had a beefy steel axle, locked with nuts. Maybe the 20mm axle diameter, and pretty much standard quick releases are the problem for seeing those forks on bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Modern dirt bikes use a 20mm axle. The clamping surface on the one side is larger but the actual axle OD is 20. KTM even dropped their 25mm axles down to 20mm for the upcoming models.

mtbr member
    Got to wonder if "create the best performing suspension fork in existence without cutting any corners or being held back by cost limitations", why didn't they use uni-crown like the Trace.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5