mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Installing Pike 454 dual air system to Revelation RL - possible?

Hi, guys

I need a quick and professional advice. Is it physically possible to install the dual air spring from Pike 454 to my Revelation RL and will my fork work as fluently as originally (lowered to 100mm)? Actually, the negative air shaft is what I'm interested in - is it the same in these two forks?

I consider doing that as I have a faulty air shaft in my revelation and I can get the Pike's one pretty cheap. The warranty is not valid, because "the fork has been opened by me"... damn!

Life Is Short
    I wouldn't do it just because both forks are like a generation apart. The Revelation is a much newer tech fork and well the Pike's been around before the Domain. Maybe like comparing the new "21 Jump Street" to the old Fox tv series. BTW--I met that fat f starring in 21 Jump Street and he's a real dick

"El Whatever"
    Actually, at one point the 140mm Revelation and the pike were the same thing. That was 2009, I think.

I can't help on compatibility of parts on the air spring side. My gut feeling tells me it would work just the same.

I can tell you the internals of the damper side of the 2010 Revelation work perfectly on my 2007 Pike. Threads are just the same. Even the 150mm rebound shaft works on the 140mm Pike.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    RS hasnt really changed that much.. isnt the blackbox stuff backwards compatible with all the original moco stuff?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    isnt the blackbox stuff backwards compatible with all the original moco stuff?
    Yes, it is. I have a Pike with total blackbox internals.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the responses, guys.

I've also written an e-mail to the distributor of RS, here's what he says about this issue:

Firstly: "Unfortunately these parts are not interchangeable. They differ in air shaft length and the size of the air chambers."

Secondly, after my insistance: "Theoretically, the air assembly will go in the fork. However, you may find that where the air shaft meets the base of the lowers, the step where it bolts on is different. Also the way the negative air spring moves is not the same as a Revelation. It will also invalidate any warranty you have on the fork as it is classed as a modification."

I think I'll give it a try... if someone has another interesting input, I'll be greatfull for sharing it

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    ....... BTW--I met that fat f starring in 21 Jump Street and he's a real dick
    Jonah Hill? hehe.