mtbr member

How much pressure for the piggy back on Manitou ISX-4?

I recently bought an Ibex Atlas Pro that comes with a Manitou ISX-4 (non SPV) shock. I've adjusted the main pressure, but don't know what to do with the piggy pack air pressure. It doesn't say anything in the manual.

So my questions are.

1. What does the piggy back air pressure do?

2. What are the minimum and maximum air pressures for the piggy back?

3. I am currently putting 75% of my body weight in air pressure into the main valve, is there recommended body weight to air pressure ratio for the piggy back?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the newb questions.

mtbr member
    The pressure in the piggy back controls the compression damping. The higher the pressure the higher the damping. The no tools adjuster, numbered 1 to 4 controls how much the damping ramps up in the last 50% of the travel. It is the red ring around the valve. #1 is most linear and #4 is most progressive. The limits of the piggy back are between 50 and 175psi. Ideally you want to find how much sag (percentage of the full travel) the bike manufacturer recommends when you are sitting on the bike with full gear (Usually 25 to 30%). Don't worry about the actual pressure as it will vary with different bikes and leverage ratios. The limit is a substantial 300psi.

Great shock by the way. I've got an ISX-6 and absolutely love it.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your help, that's what I needed to know.