mtbr member

How do you know if the rebound cartridge is going bad? '07 Marz 66 & 888 RC2x

I have an '06 and '07 66rc2x and both of them, if they haven't been ridden in a day or so, loose all the rebound damping; the 07 moreso than the '06. Whatever, I thought this was sort of normal since the oil may be draining out of the cartridges...

I also have a buddy with a 888rc2 and his is horrible! Before he dives into the trail he has to sit there and pump the fork up to build up pressure, and it looses pressure just as fast. Now I'm wondering if this is a condition of something worse like a failing cartridge.

I'm not sure what his oil levels are in his 888 but I'm pretty diligent about maintaining my forks, I just rebuilt the 06 last year and new fluids in both at the beginning of this year. So I'm pretty sure the oil levels are fine; in the 66's at least.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippinSweet
    I have an '06 and '07 66rc2x and both of them, if they haven't been ridden in a day or so, loose all the rebound damping; the 07 moreso than the '06. Whatever, I thought this was sort of normal since the oil may be draining out of the cartridges...

I also have a buddy with a 888rc2 and his is horrible! Before he dives into the trail he has to sit there and pump the fork up to build up pressure, and it looses pressure just as fast. Now I'm wondering if this is a condition of something worse like a failing cartridge.

I'm not sure what his oil levels are in his 888 but I'm pretty diligent about maintaining my forks, I just rebuilt the 06 last year and new fluids in both at the beginning of this year. So I'm pretty sure the oil levels are fine; in the 66's at least.
    Pretty sure w/ the proper oil level the cartridges are submerged in oil. Might want to verify oil height and not just by volume.