mtbr member
    Sep 2009

How to clean/oil RST Omni 191-T8 ?

Hello! I need to clean and oil my fork, but how to do it?
    First - how to open the fork to clean it completely and oil it?
    Second - what type of oil should I use to oil the fork?

Full name of my fork - "RST Omni 191-T8 50 mm".
    Please help, I know, you know how to do it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eedijs
    Hello! I need to clean and oil my fork, but how to do it?
    First - how to open the fork to clean it completely and oil it?
    Second - what type of oil should I use to oil the fork?

Full name of my fork - "RST Omni 191-T8 50 mm".
    Please help, I know, you know how to do it.
    Most forks will use the same type of fork oil you can get from a motorcycle shop, but your RST is very low end, I'd say it doesn't even have any oil. Likely just grease.

I found a similar question to yours with the search function, and there was an answer:
    RST Omni 191 Shock "sticking"

In addition to the different greases suggested by the poster in the other forum, I'll throw out Rock-n-Roll Super Slick Grease.
    http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id80.html

As the poster in that other thread said, likely all you need to do is take it apart, clean and grease it really good and put it back together.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker View Post
    Most forks will use the same type of fork oil you can get from a motorcycle shop, but your RST is very low end, I'd say it doesn't even have any oil. Likely just grease.

I found a similar question to yours with the search function, and there was an answer:
    RST Omni 191 Shock "sticking"

In addition to the different greases suggested by the poster in the other forum, I'll throw out Rock-n-Roll Super Slick Grease.
    Super-Slick Grease from Real World Cycling

As the poster in that other thread said, likely all you need to do is take it apart, clean and grease it really good and put it back together.
    Hey man, thanks and sorry for the late reply
    Today I disassembled my fork and I didn't know where to put the grease, I saw that the was grease on the two long springs so I removed that I put a fresh rock n roll super slick grease on those, but the forks don't work anyway (I don't even know how they work). Can you tell me where do I put that grease so my forks finally work? It's been 5 years...

mtbr member
    If it's been 5 years since your forks worked, then sadly I don't think any amount of grease is going to make them work. Very likely they have corrosion in the stanchions/bushes/upper tubes.
    May be time to get a new fork I think.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!