mtbr member

Hope Head Doctor?

Anyone ever use one of these?
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ad+Doctor.aspx
    Not trying to promote Jenson (even though they ROCK!), just happens that's the link I have.

I've long thought that the star-nut seems like an antiquated way of doing biz-niz (special tool to install, difficult to remove, etc) and this would address that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    i use one easy to fit havent had any problems with

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by ECOdork
    Anyone ever use one of these?
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ad+Doctor.aspx
    Not trying to promote Jenson (even though they ROCK!), just happens that's the link I have.

I've long thought that the star-nut seems like an antiquated way of doing biz-niz (special tool to install, difficult to remove, etc) and this would address that.
    I see no reason not to use that OR promote Jenson - because as you noted, they rock!
    Unless, that is, you don't change your fork all the time - star nuts cost, what... a couple bucks?

That said, you don't need special tools to install a starnut...a screw threaded in and careful tapping w/ a hammer has always worked for me.
    Removal of a starnut? you can just tap it all the way through if you have a steel (non-tapered inside) steerer, but they are considered a 'consumable' and there's no reason to even remove one IMO
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info ya'll.
    The one time I tried to install a star nut I put that bad boy in way crooked which is where I got to thinking about the whole process. Agreed, it's not so much that they are expensive as it just seems like one of those things that is probably using old skool euro-style tradition, just 'cause.

Anywho, good to know folks use them and are happy!