mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Help needed, bad scratches on new Fox CTD 150's new kashima stanchion scratched.

Guys,

I was out on a night ride the was a rock ledge that i did not see and went for a tumble, the next day I noticed I had put some pretty nasty scratches through thek
    kashima coating om my right hand stanchion they were still pretty new at that stage - 2 months old. have done a temporary repair with nail varnish and it has worked really well, but i really need to get the stanchion replaced, i have tried to source one on the net but had no luck, been quoted about $450.00 by bike shop to get it replaced. Seeing that the bike is only about 8 months old i am gutted and want to get it fixed, but $450.00???????

I am in Brisbane is there a better and more cost effective way to get this sorted?

cheers
    m

MTBR Member
    Guess it depends on how bad the scratches are. You could buy a whole lot of seals for $450, though that price is absolutely ridiculous for a new CSU. I think the CSU runs about $240 new from Fox. I'm not sure how Fox handles warranty stuff outside of the US, but I've dealt with them several times directly for service issues. You should contact Fox -- by phone, if at all possible.

Also might want to look into some other 'filler' methods if the scratches aren't that bad. I've been running an F29 for a few years now after fixing some minor scratches on the stanchions -- can't remember what I used though.

mtbr member
    Have you contacted SOLA Sport by chance? I know they are the distributor in Australia: SolaSport

Here is a link to a similar thread on ROtorburn, the guy is in Australia as well: Where to get Kashima coat fixed? [Archive] - ROTORBURN Forums

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Kashima coat replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by drbelleville View Post
    Have you contacted SOLA Sport by chance? I know they are the distributor in Australia: SolaSport

Here is a link to a similar thread on ROtorburn, the guy is in Australia as well: Where to get Kashima coat fixed? [Archive] - ROTORBURN Forums

that is great, thanks guys, i have contacted solasport.