mtbr member
    Feb 2009

help adjusting / manual needed for 2001 rock shox sid xc

i just got my hands on a trek fuel 90 at a bike swap and it has a rock shox sid xc hydra air fork on it which seems to need some adjustment. seems like it just needs to have the air pressure increased... feels realls soft and i was told that it was just set that way cause the guy's 120 lb friend was riding it... i was wondering if anyone had a manual for this thing... i think it is a 2001 model because it is the hydra air model and i heard those were only produced 2000, 01. it has two schraeder valves on the top of the stanchions under black plastic caps. i honestly dont know a ton about adjusting these things... but i read that on these forks that both of these valves are for the ?positive air? and that if you just pump them up the the right pressure (about 130 psi for a rider about 140 lbs or so) that the negative air pressure will adjust itself...? is this right? thanks for your help mountain bike gurus.
    -eian

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have a 2006 SID Race.
    The left valve is for positive air.
    The right valve is for the Pure Delite damper and goes from 20 to 60 PSI.
    If it doesn't have a valve on the lowers, then you can't adjust the negative pressure, it's probably an Air Solo system.
    I don't know if your SID is the same thing as the 2006 SID Race, but it looks similar.

otb club member
    The SID XC has a positive chamber in each leg, no negative chamber. For a pictorial on basic service, you'll find a link on this page: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id10.html (bottom of left column).

You'll find a copy of the owners manual here: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id12.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    thanks chris2fur.... that saves me a lot of work. awesome
    -eian