mtbr member
    Jul 2012

GT Ruckus (Fury) Rear Suspension Loose

I have a DH 2010 GT Ruckus 7 2.0 (similar to a GT Fury, but cheaper). One of the joint in the independent rear suspension system is always loosing up. The joint in question is just above the Bottom Bracket. Looking at it closely, I don't see any missing fasteners, or clips. I contacted GT and they told me to get my bike to a local bike shop. I am afraid they won't know either, and charge my an arm & leg to change the whole thing. Anyone out there with a Ruckus, or Fury with this problem ??

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    You need to clean and adjust the pivots,i do this once a year.Go to the gt forum and there is a thread on how to do this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks, but I looked at the GT Forum Thread and the procedure is for the older pivot design. Here is what my design looks like. Again, the loose pivot is the one just above the Bottom Bracket. I also have a picture in "user gallery.
    none at Eurobike 2010 in Friedrichshafen, Germany - photo by spoiledgoods - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Any chance you could use blue Loctite on it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yeah good point, it may work. It will give me an excuse to disassemble / clean / lub as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Why use loctite when you have pinch bolts that lock the pivot pins in place?The basic procedure is the same for all the later model Idrives.As another resource go to Gt's web page and they have a video on how to assemble/disassemble the pivots