Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13

    Hope Got a Zion 21" 660 ebb frame what Fork do I need? Under $200?

    I got a 21" Zion EBB. Can you guys give me some forks that will fit my frame!?! Need mucho help.

  2. #2
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,036
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumEthics
    I got a 21" Zion EBB. Can you guys give me some forks that will fit my frame!?! Need mucho help.

    You probably want to stick with 100mm or less travel. Honestly, though, $200 max ia not going to get you much unless you go used. Pricepoint has some 80-100mm forks for under $200. Personally I'd just spend $60 and go rigid, and wait until I could swing closer to $300 on the fork, but if rigid sounds unappealing, those are some of your typical options for under $200 new.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta
    You probably want to stick with 100mm or less travel. Honestly, though, $200 max ia not going to get you much unless you go used. Pricepoint has some 80-100mm forks for under $200. Personally I'd just spend $60 and go rigid, and wait until I could swing closer to $300 on the fork, but if rigid sounds unappealing, those are some of your typical options for under $200 new.
    OK sounds good however, what are rigid forks? give me some examples, im looking for 80mm travel. Also, what is the standard steering tube length if i buy a fork brand new? because I need like about 10" for steering tube length. Thanks.


    Strontium E.

  4. #4
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,036
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumEthics
    OK sounds good however, what are rigid forks? give me some examples, im looking for 80mm travel. Also, what is the standard steering tube length if i buy a fork brand new? because I need like about 10" for steering tube length. Thanks.


    Strontium E.
    Rigid means no suspension, 0mm travel. I should not have mentioned it, it's probably not what you want.

    If you can go a little over $200, this would be decent, and a whole lot better than what you get for $50 less:

    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/170...ig-Headset.htm

    Travel is adjustable from 85-130mm.

    Otherwise, look at one of the sub $200 forks here:

    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/sub/1...ks.aspx?s=1711.

    Any new fork should have plenty of steer tube length for what you need. It's a used fork that you need to be careful of as they have likely been cut to size.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •