mtbr member

Got my 2007 Magura Odur installed

and now all I need is to install the remote lockout myself. That thing is a work of art in itself. I have to say that the fork looks and feels well made. Can we say no plastic parts except maybe the little piece to hold the cable housing in place? I haven't had a chance to test ride it yet, although I could, but I want to install the remote lockout first. Apparently the DLO (Magura's Dynamic Lock Out system) will only work if the remote is installed since it is the part that locks the DLO in place.

Pictures coming soon!

mtbr member
    Okay, here it is!

Took the fork on its maiden ride earlier today. As people have said, the Odur is quite plush. As you can see from the pics, it is a well-made fork with no plastic parts! The stanchions are 32mm held together with twin arches. So this is a super stiff fork. The Dynamic Lock Out or DLO works amazingly well. You still get a few mm of travel. My fork came with the remote lockout, and it's quite easy to use, as I would imagine other remotes are. But this one looks pretty swanky!

85mm of travel

unlocked position

locked position

To unlock it, you have to actually release grip and push the switch up. It would be nice if you could just press down and unlock it.

Here is the bike the fork is on. I've sort of converted it to a "commuter" bike with the Michelin Country Rock tires.

The downside of this fork is that its on the heavy side, close to 5lbs. And I've noticed that the stanchions show oil and would collect dust. I'm not sure if it's just my fork or the nature of the Odur. Still, a nice fork for almost half the price of a fork that comes with a remote LO.

mtbr member
    QOUTE"And I've noticed that the stanchions show oil and would collect dust. I'm not sure if it's just my fork or the nature of the Odur"

Its not just yours, mine does it as well. I was blown away by the quality of the fork. I only took it out for one ride, but i was very happy with the performance. I wish it were a little bit lighter. Where did you find yours?

wuss
    If it's like the Wotan the stanctions will show oil for a few rides.

mtbr member
    I got my Odur off Ebay for about $220 with S/H! It was a steal compared to what other online places were charging, some without remote LO!

mtbr member
    I got mine on e-bay as well. The guy was asking $199 I think. I agree, I feel like I stole it.