Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    151

    Gary Fisher G2 geometry forks

    I am thinking about swapping my Gary Fisher Advance's stock Suntour XCT forks w/ G2 geometry for Manitou Minute Experts. Will the change to a non G2 fork affect the handling of my bike?

  2. #2
    FKA Malibu412
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsetse View Post
    Will the change to a non G2 fork affect the handling of my bike?
    Yes. Will you notice it? That depends.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

  3. #3
    Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    Reputation: Josue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsetse View Post
    I am thinking about swapping my Gary Fisher Advance's stock Suntour XCT forks w/ G2 geometry for Manitou Minute Experts. Will the change to a non G2 fork affect the handling of my bike?
    The handling will change as Malibu said. However, the Manitou fork is better than the sutour one so the change will increase your performance. Don't worry about the handling change. You probably won't notice it.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    151
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What is so special about the G2 geometry anyways?

  5. #5
    Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    Reputation: Josue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsetse View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What is so special about the G2 geometry anyways?
    G2 Geometry

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16
    I have ridden with and without a G2 fork on my 29er GF. I personally can't tell the difference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •