Scott is a tool.

Bonking ... not feelin' well Freely spinning XV air can on Float RP2....

Hey poeple.

I just inserted an air spacer in my RP2, and when i re-thereaded the air can the top portion now spins rather freely, where as the bottom portion threads up snug. It seems to have no trouble holding air, but it doesn't seem normal to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Grant.

Save Jesus
    Quit spinning it freely or you'll ruin the o-rings.
    The air can has an outer portion and an inner portion. Do not grab the outer portion and try to spin that.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
    Quit spinning it freely or you'll ruin the o-rings.
    The air can has an outer portion and an inner portion. Do not grab the outer portion and try to spin that.
    You make it sound like i'm swinging around on it look a country fair park ride.....

I only noticed the movement when I reinstalled the can and when it moved immediately grabbed the lowest point to finish off the tightening.

So is it broken or should I just continue on as if nothing has happened? If it holds air it must be fine, right?

I wasn't aware of the can being in two pieces, nor did I see that anywhere on the Fox documentation for the installation of the air spacer.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Wal.

Vorsprung Suspension
    Oct 2012
    That is normal. The outer sleeve is only held on with a retaining ring, there is nothing in there to stop it spinning.
    VorsprungSuspension.com - fully engineered suspension retuning & servicing in Whistler, BC.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve VS View Post
    That is normal. The outer sleeve is only held on with a retaining ring, there is nothing in there to stop it spinning.
    Thanks Steve.

Much appreciated.

Save Jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve VS View Post
    The outer sleeve is only held on with a retaining ring, there is nothing in there to stop it spinning.
    plus o rings that provide the seal between the inner and outer can