wjb
    mtbr member

Fox Talas RL 32 stanchion scratched, Rebuild or ???

I have a 07 Stumpjumper Expert with a Fox TALAS 32 RL. Last Tuesday while heading down to Downieville I got tripped up in a rock garden and scratched the right fork upper tube. It is now leaking pretty good. It seems like it will be around 300 or so to replace the uppers and rebuild the fork. Is there a better option to invest the money into a different fork or is the Fox unit a pretty good performer. Any help would be greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Ive heard of people using clear nail polish as a temporary fix.That is a good fork...

wjb
    mtbr member
    I have seen that as well. Will replace uppers if needed. Just wondering if there is an opportunity to improve my setup.

1:18
    Search the forums, I've done it with JB Weld and for now it seems the scratch is sealed pretty well.

mtbr member

Repair Scratched and Gouged Fork Upper

I do a permanent repair on scrapped and gouged uppers. Repair is done with low working temp alloy after removing the existing factory finish from the stanchions. After repair is complete they are re-coated with nano-tech ceramic, which is a self lubricating wear resistant coating and can be done in one of a number of color choices. Much more economical than a new replacement.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I did a repair with crazy glue and the finest grit sandpaper I could find at the hardware store. It was not pretty but the fork held up for one year until I sold it.