mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Fox Talas 32 Lockout lever moves the low speed comp adjuster

I have a Fox Talas 32 RLC on my Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    When I turn the lockout lever on the right hand fork it sometimes also moves the low speed compression adj. wheel below it...this is really irritating since I use the lockout quite often on long climbs....any fixes for this?

thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    mine does the same thing but i don't use it much . not really helpful but atleast ya know your not nuts lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    hehe...thanks for the confirmation..

Alpine Rider (Italy)
    try disassembling and cleaning top cap :-)

mtbr member

Sorry, even after a good cleaning....

It will still move when you try to turn it with full fingered gloves. I just keep the "low" at "12 o'clock" and try to be conscious of not adjusting everything...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I only have an RL model so I don't have the problem myself, but I've read about it more than once. I think I read in a magazine that it is because of dust sticking between the dials. Anyway, this sucks. I guess the only thing you can do is keep it clean before each ride and be careful using it. Or you could consider not locking out the fork

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    mmm..not an option, I need that lockout for the climbs, it's very important since I stand on the pedals a lot...I will try and clean it out....thx guys

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Just the way it is

It's just the design of having so many adjustments stacked. I haven't touched my lockout on my XAM 2.0, in the Pac NW the trails are steep, root and rock littered, the fork has never held me back. I don't feel the lever was intended for on the fly use. If you really need to use the lockout, follow the instructions on the Fox web page for setting up the Lockout Force the right blue bottom knob. Now you can leave the lockout lever in one position and you get it all. Lockout for climbing, bump control when the force is greater than the blowoff you select. That is what Fox intended. Don't worry, no one ever reads the articles in Playboy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I removed all the levers and knobs and cleaned out the crud and lubed everything with a very light grease.
    I also did not tighten the 3 locking screws on the lockout lever all the way down....adjustment is much better now and the bottom dial stays put.

Adjustment of lockout on the fly is very important for the kind of riding I do....the blow-off terralogic type feature does not really work for me...I tried adjusting it to suit me but could never find a reliable blow-off point..