Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Fox RP23 - Propedal switch keeps flipping back

Gday guys,

I have my RP23 setup with alot of air pressure (I prefer a stiffer ride to a bobby ride) but have found lately that Ill be riding along and the bike will feel all bobby, and notice the propedal switch has flipped open again. Its getting a bit annoying. Any tricks to keeping it locked in propedal?
    2013 Giant XTC Advanced SL0 Carbon
    2011 TCR Advanced SL
    2012 Omnium
    2013 29CX Frankenbike

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Oil it

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If oiling it doesn't work, try undoing the tiny hex, carefully pull the lever off and give it all a good clean and lube.

PMK
    mtbr member
    I have seen them where the detent is worn and no longer keeps it in the selected position.

Try the cleaning and lube first, if it doesn't work, you may need to send it to Fox for a new shaft.

I just take a file and deepen the detent. Problem is about removing the shaft, is the damper must be completely disassembled.

The last one I worked on, the owner did his own clean and lube, pulled the shaft out and couldn't get the shaft reinstalled.

Best of luck with it.

PK

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KYjelly
    Gday guys,

I have my RP23 setup with alot of air pressure (I prefer a stiffer ride to a bobby ride) but have found lately that Ill be riding along and the bike will feel all bobby, and notice the propedal switch has flipped open again. Its getting a bit annoying. Any tricks to keeping it locked in propedal?
    Most likely the nitrogen charge is weak. That was the result on an old RP3 that I have on a previous bike. Once it was rebuilt it was noticably firmer and the detents between setting 1, 2, 3 worked as they should. How old is the shock or when was it last serviced. Talk to a shop that does Fox service and ask them.

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    Its a new shock (essentially) and has done it since new. Hasnt been in anything particularly muddy etc yet. Fox service is a bit hit and miss here in Aussie - but Ill try.

Cheers guys.
    2013 Giant XTC Advanced SL0 Carbon
    2011 TCR Advanced SL
    2012 Omnium
    2013 29CX Frankenbike