mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Fox RP2 rebuild kit - where to get

Assuming that an RP2 rebuild is something that can be done without too much pain in a garage with normal tools, where is the best place to get an RP2 rebuild kit?
    I cant find them online anywhere, do I have to call Fox and order directly?

also, anyone have a good howto guide?

thanks in advance.

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    Call fox and order direct, or find a bike shop that stocks them in inventory. I find UPS shipping prices prohibitive on small orders like this.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    thanks guys. looks like enduro seals has them too. Ill probably just order from them since I plan on getting some bearings too.

although for only $25 it sure is tempting to have Push do it since Im sure Ill figure out a way to screw it up

(and I discovered my error in searching, the kit is called fox float air sleeve rebuild kit, that brings up plenty of shops with them in stock. I was searching for rp2 or rp23 rebuild kit)
    Last edited by Evan55; 11-04-2010 at 01:35 PM.

EDR
    You can get he kit all over the place including your lbs for about $8. PUSH is an option but with shipping and handling and the fact you still must remove the shock yourself (probably the hardest part of the entire rebuild) it's hardly worth it...it's such a simple job. There are online tutorials on the web, including on the Fox website.

You need to be searching for Fox Float Air Sleeve kit/rebuild
    http://www.jensonusa.com/search/?s=f...btnSearch.y=13

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan55
    Assuming that an RP2 rebuild is something that can be done without too much pain in a garage with normal tools, where is the best place to get an RP2 rebuild kit?
    I cant find them online anywhere, do I have to call Fox and order directly?

also, anyone have a good howto guide?

thanks in advance.
    Fox has great videos and documentation on how to rebuild their forks and shocks. The only special tool you'll need is a strap wrench to unscrew the canister.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...ice_videos.htm
    http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I tried ordering this kit from two different online shops and they wouldn't ship to Canada. When i tried jensonUSA.com it would ship everything in my order EXCEPT the rebuild kit. It said that Fox wouldn't allow them to ship the kit outside the US...Lame!

My LBS doesn't carry these kits, anyone know an online shop that carries them that will ship them to Canada?

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    Call fox and order direct, or find a bike shop that stocks them in inventory. I find UPS shipping prices prohibitive on small orders like this.
    ...disregard, wrong quote

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumlan
    I tried ordering this kit from two different online shops and they wouldn't ship to Canada. When i tried jensonUSA.com it would ship everything in my order EXCEPT the rebuild kit. It said that Fox wouldn't allow them to ship the kit outside the US...Lame!

My LBS doesn't carry these kits, anyone know an online shop that carries them that will ship them to Canada?
    Give Real World Cycling (Enduro Fork Seals) a call (in Arizona). Chris might ship the kit to you.
    http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id152.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    [QUOTE=eatdrinkride;7489721]Give Real World Cycling (Enduro Fork Seals) a call (in Arizona). Chris might ship the kit to you.[QUOTE]

Thanks for he link. I need a rebuild kit myself for a friend.

EDR
    [QUOTE=luisc202;9015781][QUOTE=eatdrinkride;7489721]Give Real World Cycling (Enduro Fork Seals) a call (in Arizona). Chris might ship the kit to you.

Thanks for he link. I need a rebuild kit myself for a friend.
    Cool.

Another option might be CRC in the UK. Not the least expensive but shipping to the US is 8 bucks. Not sure how much...or if they can even ship to Canada, assuming that's where you are.

Fox Suspension Seal Kit - Float Air | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

mtbr member
    Unfortunately, you cant rebuilt floats. The "rebuild kits" are simply air seals for the outer sleeve only. If you're not leaking air or sucking down, it doesnt need new air sleeve seals. You can unscrew the air sleeve, clean it out, lube it up, and put it back on.

The seals themselves tend to last a really long time as long as they're cleaned up and lubed. This is something you should do every few months, its cheap and easy, no kit required!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    Unfortunately, you cant rebuilt floats. The "rebuild kits" are simply air seals for the outer sleeve only. If you're not leaking air or sucking down, it doesnt need new air sleeve seals. You can unscrew the air sleeve, clean it out, lube it up, and put it back on.

The seals themselves tend to last a really long time as long as they're cleaned up and lubed. This is something you should do every few months, its cheap and easy, no kit required!
    So, this week I bottomed out my shock pretty bad when I failed to clear a jump and cased it. After inspection the seal at the end of the air sleeve was kind of pushed out...

Would it be a good idea to replace all the seals? what kind of problem can bottoming out your shock cause?