mtbr member

Which Fox forks should i get?

Looking at two. 2012 Fox 32 float 140 rlc fit with kashima coating or the 2013 float 140 tdc version.

Whats the general consensus on the new ctd system? Am i better off with the 2012 non ctd version? thats what im thinking.

Cheers for any help.

p.s. needs to be straight 1 1/8 steerer and 9mm qr dropouts. I cant afford new hubs/wheels at the moment.

mtbr member
    I've got the new CTD fork and I've gotta say, I'm getting a ton of functionality out of it. I'm coming off a Reba with a lockout and compression speed adjustment and I always felt like it was hard to dial in on the trail. CTD is a little "one size fits all" in terms of the adjustments, but having what is essentially 5 presets is pretty cool. Some people are down on it for the same reasons I'm high on it - it just depends on what kind of dude you are.

Depending on your hubs, it may only cost you 40-50 bucks to swap out what you need to get a 15TA in there. At 140mm of travel, it might be worth a look to stiffen things up. You can also go with a Fox 34. To my mind, 140 is right about where you'll see the benefit of a burlier fork.

Best of luck!
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Thanks for that. I found a really good deal on a new set of the 2012 ones today so I went with them. I personally prefer more adjustability, I'm always tweaking things. I've checked and my crap hubs (formula) don't seem to be able to be adapted to a 15mm TA.

I agree though that 140 travel is getting into the region of needing a stiffer fork.. Oh well, i'll see how they work out, I can always sell them on if im not happy and could probably get back what I paid for them pretty easy.

mtbr member
    Both good forks for sure. Enjoy!
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    They will be here on tuesday Should be a nice upgrade from my marzocchi xc600 tst2 forks, lighter too.