mtbr member
    Feb 2006

FOX fork air pressure quetion. Green oil came out.

On the trail, i was releasing air pressure from my FOX fork to make it less stiff and at the time i didnt know the amount of air the shock holds so i relased too much air and this green color oil came out from the shreader valve. Did i mess anything up?? Is that green oil supposed to come out when the pressure is really low?
    06' Gary Fisher Cake 2dlx with Azonic MTN X Pedals
    06' Giant Reign 2 with Wellgo MG-1 Pedals

Do It Yourself

Normal...

That's just a bit of Float Fluid that's lubricating the air chamber seal. It splashes around when you ride and can spray out a bit when the pump is attached and pressurized. So no problem.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

normal...

Quote Originally Posted by liftmys10
    On the trail, i was releasing air pressure from my FOX fork to make it less stiff and at the time i didnt know the amount of air the shock holds so i relased too much air and this green color oil came out from the shreader valve. Did i mess anything up?? Is that green oil supposed to come out when the pressure is really low?
    That green oil is normal, it`s the oil that goes on top of the air shaft, it`s supossed to be there, to help lubricate the stiction inside between the o-ring of the air shaft and the walls of the air chamber.

Nothing to worry about...

edit: Sorry I haven`t see your answer homebrew...
    Last edited by fran; 06-05-2006 at 02:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks all. I thought i busted an o-ring by running low pressure. I dont remeber where i read that it said to no go below a certain PSI. It might have been for my 3way manitou shock.
    06' Gary Fisher Cake 2dlx with Azonic MTN X Pedals
    06' Giant Reign 2 with Wellgo MG-1 Pedals