mtbr member
    Nov 2010

fox float RPL shock is leaking from rebound knob (blue knob), knob is stuck.

Need help on this one. FOX Float RPL.
    The shock I believe is 2012 model, 7.875 in (200mm) eye to eye, 50mm travel. Only 6 mth old, as the bike was bought brand new 6 mth ago. The bike is Mojo SL.
    My riding is xc with a few jump / drop no more than 2 ft, not too often. I ride 2-3 times a week.
    I installed a small size volume reducer last month. My weight is 170-175 lbs geared, shock pressure 140psi, about 30% sag.

The shock is leaking, coming out of rebound knob (blue knob) area, during a ride. I saw some pressure and oil came out (kind of bursting a bit), knob was on open position. So I stopped and played the knob, I moved it to propedal, and now it stays there, couldnt move it to any other position anymore.
    I am sure it is still under warranty, but I wonder if anyone could explain how to fix it, or wht could be the real problem is. Sending to fox will means no biking for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    My 4 month old Fox RL23 had the same problem. It's at Fox right now. I'm not sure there are any options other than sending it in. I blew the rebound damper of a RP23 in December and ended up buying a 9er to ride while the shock was being send back. Now I killed the shock on the 9er. WTF? I don't ride too hard, weight 175lb and I'm too chickenspit to do big drops so what's up with the dead shocks?