mtbr member

Fox Float RP2 pressure

I was riding the other day and rear shock felt kinda weak, so I checked the sag when I got home. I'm 220lbs with gear on. I had 225 psi in shock and sag was at 35%. I brough psi up to 255 and sag is now at ~25%. I always thought that psi was a little more closely matched to your weight on the RP2, RP23 and Triad. Anyone else having to run more psi to get proper sag?

mtbr member
    I'm about 210lbs and run 230lbs in the shock. I had the same thing when i was setting it to my body weight. My one also has the boost valve, which i have been told (but have no idea if it's correct or not) seems to want a little bit more air in them. I also didn't know that the shock went up to 255lbs either, i thought it was max at 250lbs - i could be wrong though. Maybe you're getting dodgy readings on your shock pump?
    2011 Kona Dr. Dew
    2010 Giant Trance X2
    2008 Giant Rincon

Former Bike Wrench
    Air pressure is dependent on both the shock and the suspension design...so there is no set guide just for the shock.

Set it up with 20-25% sag and whatever pressure it takes, that is the pressure you need.

ouch....
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Air pressure is dependent on both the shock and the suspension design...so there is no set guide just for the shock.

Set it up with 20-25% sag and whatever pressure it takes, that is the pressure you need.
    What he said ^

I'm usually running about 10 - 15 psi higher than my riding weight....both on an RP2 and a RP23 DRCV
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenee98
    I'm about 210lbs and run 230lbs in the shock. I had the same thing when i was setting it to my body weight. My one also has the boost valve, which i have been told (but have no idea if it's correct or not) seems to want a little bit more air in them. I also didn't know that the shock went up to 255lbs either, i thought it was max at 250lbs - i could be wrong though. Maybe you're getting dodgy readings on your shock pump?
    Fox site and owners manual says shock can go to but not exceed 300psi. I don't wanna test that boundry.

I'm going to ride it tomorrow with the higher psi and see how it is. Even at the lower psi, it never bottomed out, so I can decrease pressure with no issues.