captplanet
    Jan 2007

Fox F80RLT- rebuild info on the web?

I am in the process of rebuilding a 2003 Fox Float F80RLT front shock and am looking for detailed instructions on the disassembly and reassembly of the damper/rod assembly. If anyone knows where I can find online info for this fork, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I've tried the Fox Forx site and they don't go into any details on this operation , at least I haven't found any info on their site about it.
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!
    Mike Teitsch

MK_
    carpe maņana
    this should help:
    Fox Forx Damping Disassembly

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

captplanet
    Jan 2007

gracias'

thanks for the link to the repair information!
    the pictures are worth 1000's of words. I wonder why Fox hasn't
    published anything to back up this procedure? probably don't want to chance the liability aspect of it? Thanks again, should make the operation fairly straight forward.

Mike Teitsch

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by mteitsch
    thanks for the link to the repair information!
    the pictures are worth 1000's of words. I wonder why Fox hasn't
    published anything to back up this procedure? probably don't want to chance the liability aspect of it? Thanks again, should make the operation fairly straight forward.

Mike Teitsch
    I think Fox does have the info on their website, but it is hard to find. I didn't have the link for it and all I had was the link to the old thread.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

captplanet
    Jan 2007

fox con't

I was on the phone yesterday with Fox to order the spare parts for the rebuild, and the
    guy(s) I spoke with led me to believe that they had not released any public documentation for the procedure so I didn't look any further than I had already at that point. They do offer special tools that can be used to hold and support the damper while dissassembling
    ($70).The information you linked me to is actually far superior to the Fox tech info insomuch as Fox doesn't use enough schematic daigrams/photos which would greatly aid the mechanic in the attempt.
    Mike Teitsch

MK_
    carpe maņana
    I was on the phone yesterday with Fox to order the spare parts for the rebuild, and the
    guy(s) I spoke with led me to believe that they had not released any public documentation for the procedure so I didn't look any further than I had already at that point. They do offer special tools that can be used to hold and support the damper while dissassembling
    ($70).The information you linked me to is actually far superior to the Fox tech info insomuch as Fox doesn't use enough schematic daigrams/photos which would greatly aid the mechanic in the attempt.
    Mike Teitsch
    You don't need any special tools. I took a damper apart to replace the rebound rod a couple years back. I didn't even have a vice. It is pretty straight forward. Just be careful not to lose the little ball bearings which will fall out of the various valves when you open them up.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Mike Teitsch
    OK, I found the service guide URL for Fox. http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm

It does appear they go in great detail about the 40, but not the 32mm Foxes.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Oct 2006