mtbr member

Fox CTD fork oil

I just got a CTD 32 Float 100 29. Basically its way too soft. I was wondering if anyone had change the dampener oil to stiffen it up and how it worked? I like the overall feel of the fork but I need better pedaling performance. I'm more concerned about that than I am small bump compliance.

mtbr member
    Um, put some more air in it? Am I missing something?

I'm guessing you didn't set up your sag.

mk

mtbr member

Re: Fox CTD fork oil

Its maxed out at 125. For my weight they recommend 90psi. Its not air that's going to fix this. Here's a video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5H7g-6sWY

mtbr member
    Well it looks like you may have a bad gauge on that pump. The fork looks functional. Do you want it to just not work? It looks plush. It's hard to see what is happening. If you are getting that much bounce in a trainer you might want to look at spinscan or something. Get the weight off of your hands. I would start with your form. Ride with your hands off the handlebars and see how much it bobs.

I wouldn't change the fork oil weight. You can get some custom compression damper tuning done. Have somebody put in a thicker shim or two.

Try it with hands off and see where your travel indicator ends up. And try another shock pump. I have four because I don't trust any one of them, among other reasons...

mk

mtbr member

Re: Fox CTD fork oil

Today was the first day the roads were not completely frozen so I got outside for about an hour. The fork worked well. I'm not sure why on the trainer it bobs so much but then outside it works fine. I'm just glad it works correctly. The trail setting will be perfect for the single track around here and climb is pretty well locked for any longer climbs.