Zombie Uprising

Fox 36 Float RC2/Manitou Evolver ISX-6 OR Marzocchi 66 RV ETA/Fox DHX 5.0

People, I need your help and educated opinions on this matter of changing the suspension on my 2009 SC Nomad all-mountain setup.
    I know actually what this boils down to, is the air vs. coil debate, but I am about to pull the trigger on this clearance deal on my LBS for this air sprung combo of 2009 Fox 36 Float RC2/Manitou Evolver ISX-6 for under $1000 fitted and I want any last moment heads up from other users.

Currently my Nomad has a 2007 Marzocchi 66 RV ETA/2009 Fox DHX 5.0 coil suspension combo, which I am pretty happy about in general except from the weight (about 35lbs.) and my riding is 60% AM - 40% FR.
    But this offer prize-wise and weight-wise is too good to miss, so please let me know what you think?

Have you used such a setup for all-mountain riding and more specifically how do they compare:

- 2009 Fox 36 Float RC2 vs. 2007 Marzocchi 66 RV ETA (both 160mm)

- 2009 Manitou Evolver ISX-6 vs. 2009 Fox DHX 5.0 coil

I know it's like comparing apples with oranges (air sprung vs. coil sprung) but nowadays, with the development and improvements in suspension engineer and materials, performance-wise both types are separated by a very thin line when used for the same kind of riding.
    Also what about maintenance, does the Fox 36 Float need constant care?

Do I pull the trigger or not?
    Change from full coil to full air or not, is it worth it, or stick to coil and have more piece of mind?
    Last edited by tp806; 11-25-2009 at 04:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Best bet would be to ask TNC. I think he runs a similar set-up.

Zombie Uprising
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Best bet would be to ask TNC. I think he runs a similar set-up.
    By all means, much appreciate it if TNC could chime in on this today.

MattSavage
    Go the air route! You'll save pounds off your bike and definately not lose any piece of mind! The Evolver I had on my High Octane was every bit as good as the coil it replaced and very reliable!
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....