mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Fox 32 F29 RL with Fit Remote

Has anyone tried this fork? I assume the "fit remote" is a lockout similar to the Rockshox Reba XX push lock? I have the Rockshox XX with the push lock and I love it but I am looking at a bike with the Fox F29 RL with fit remote and I am wondering how the performance of that fork might compare.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    No one has used this fork?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What are you asking? Their performance is the same: push it and it locks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    What am I asking.......Hmmm, lets see. Is the fork smooth? Does it operate nicely? Is the lockout hydraulic or is it mechanical? The Rockshox is Hydraulic for instance. Does the lockout, lockout quickly? Does it lockout all of the way stiff or does it have a threshold knob (such as the RShox)? Does this fork hold up well? Is it reliable? That is the sort of information that I am asking.
    Bad mechanic have you used the Fox fork I am asking about?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I haven't used that specific fork (I'm not a lockout fan), but I'm familiar with it.

It's a cable actuated lockout, which I like better for it's simplicity and durability. It locks out at quick as any remote. It has a threshold adjustment. Unlike the RS, the Fox will not move at all until the lockout threshold is reached. Fox forks are very durable, though I highly recommend servicing them out of the box (they're known to ship with low oil) and installing Enduro seals (they'll actually keep oil in and dirt out). In my opinion, they're the most reliable forks available. After break in, Fox forks are extremely smooth.

I prefer the Fox damper over the XX MoCo. Both are very good, but while the Fox bobs a little more when not locked out, I also felt it gave me a little better traction and control.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have the non-FIT version of this fork on my new Rocky Mountain 29er.

Thanks, badmechanic, that's the most info I have heard about this shock. Mine had a "click/clunk" at the top of travel that was quite annoying. But, resetting the travel and cartidge with all pressure off was the key to making that go away.

Never heard about the low oil thing. I was hoping for a year before major service, then get it PUSH'd. Bummer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    A year? No. Not unless you barely ride it. Fox calls for service every 100 miles. In reality, you shouldn't go more than 50 miles.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bad mechanic View Post
    I haven't used that specific fork (I'm not a lockout fan), but I'm familiar with it.

It's a cable actuated lockout, which I like better for it's simplicity and durability. It locks out at quick as any remote. It has a threshold adjustment. Unlike the RS, the Fox will not move at all until the lockout threshold is reached. Fox forks are very durable, though I highly recommend servicing them out of the box (they're known to ship with low oil) and installing Enduro seals (they'll actually keep oil in and dirt out). In my opinion, they're the most reliable forks available. After break in, Fox forks are extremely smooth.

I prefer the Fox damper over the XX MoCo. Both are very good, but while the Fox bobs a little more when not locked out, I also felt it gave me a little better traction and control.
    Thanks BadMech. That is good info!