mtbr member

Fox 2012 32 Talas Fit Terralogic or RLC Fit?

120/95mm travel
    Terralogic vs RLC.
    Which one would you pick and why?

mtb junkie
    rlc. you don't need somebody else (teralogic) when to unlock your fork. i've had terralogic and overall was ok. but... i prefer to choose for myself when i want
    i am here only to gather knowledge and to offer to others what i know. no bullsht please,so stop wasting good bull !

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm terrible at tuning forks and I prefer a "set it and forget it" type of functionality. Here in Illinois there's only two or three real trails anyone rides so it's easy to find one setting and leave it there forever.

Edit: I pulled the trigger on a Terralogic last week - should arrive soonish.

Nuts
    I've been on a terralogic for a couple of years now and tonight I had my first ride on my new 2012 terralogic. It was butter smooth (for a terralogic anyways) I just really like the set it and forget it at least for racing.
    And I love beer!!

mtb junkie
    dudes...you have the same with a lock-ut fox and the blowoff setting set just like the power of the terralogic,because a teralogic si just a lockout with a blowof momentum. of course in a terralogic is more like a compresion setting+lockout,but in reral world you can obtain same thing with a fox lock-ut and proper blowoff
    i am here only to gather knowledge and to offer to others what i know. no bullsht please,so stop wasting good bull !

metrotuned WoS
    Good question thread. Riding SS on XC and AM conditions, do 50% climbing too out of saddle. I run my RLC 80mm on lockout majority of time. How is the 2012 Terralogic for those that own it? Debating between the 2012 models in RLC Fit vs the Terralogic in 100mm fork travel. Also, any difference between 11 and 12 model years besides the blue to gold decals?
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member

I have the Talas Terralogics 120.

I upgraded the stock shock on my Rockhopper with this fork back in late July and all I can say is that although it was some serious coin, it certainly resulted in becoming the best upgrade I have made on the bike yet. The Terralogics is simply psychic when you pedal. It pedals like a rigid if you have FIT at around 2 or 3 until you hit something and then she gives and allows your plush to take over. I've really noticed its value this fall riding on leaves that cover the chatter on the trail. You know, the crap you cant see to avoid with a sweet line that can rattle yor teeth. After setting the sag with the pressure at about 115psi (I'm 230) and dialing it in for the amount of plush I wanted at 6 clicks out, I then dialed the Fit to about 5 clicks which gives me just the right amount of low speed plush and minimal bob when mashing out of the saddle on long climbs. The thing ive noticed with terralogics is that it makes things pretty stiff at low speed but who needs plush at 4mph. It thrives when pinning it pedalling hard at 15-20mph.

I love the way my Rockhopper fits at 120 even though 80 was recommended. It goes downhill fantastic now and the talas also allows incredible climbing when you drop the front end down to 95mm of travel. The Kashima coating and black color looks amazing on my bike (Finally a NON-White Fox on my local trail and I own it!). The 15mm axle is super rigid. I will NEVER have a standard QR again. I can't say enough good things about this fork. Simply fantastic for aggressive XC and All mountain. If you have the coin and the need, buy immediately. Add some Stan's flows with 15mm, a Specialized Purgatory 2.4 at 25psi and you are ready to rip the roughest sections on a hardtail...

mtbr member
    I think it really comes down to the type of person you are. If you are the set it and forget it type that does not tweek, modify, and adjust everything often get the terralogic. If you are the person that likes to tweek with things get the rlc. I like to mess with things so the terralogic only lasted one-two rides with me.

mtbr member

I agree in concept....

Quote Originally Posted by rupps5 View Post
    I think it really comes down to the type of person you are. If you are the set it and forget it type that does not tweek, modify, and adjust everything often get the terralogic. If you are the person that likes to tweek with things get the rlc. I like to mess with things so the terralogic only lasted one-two rides with me.
    You still have the same knobs plus the talas on this fork to tweak till your heart is content. In theory, remote lockout would be better. You could lock it out completely on climbs and polished single track and open it up for the rough stuff, especially technical sections that require slow precision. However, where the Terralogics shines is in places where the rough stuff sneeks up on you and you don't have time to unlock (rare) and for the absent minded. Before this fork I would be railing down the trail getting the snot beat out of me on the hardtail and look down to see the fork had been locked out for the last mile.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I am in the process of building an Air9 and I seriously contemplating the Talas 120 Terra. I saw you have the Air 9 too. Have you tried the Talas on that by any chance? The alternative is the Float 100 for me. I too prefer the black and the extra travel.