emteebee
    Jun 2006

Fork Upgrade from Marzocchi MZ-3

Well on my 06 hardrock pro disc, I am wanting to upgrade the fork. What I am looking for is:

1) Lighter than MZ-3
    2) Not as Pogo-Stick type
    3) Lockout if it really makes a difference
    4) Do I really need 100mm of travel? has anyone bottomed out 80mm of travel
    5) Price range around $400

I do mostly cross country but 90% singletrack type, and I want a plusher ride over rocky terrain. I am on a hardtail.

mtbr member
    might be better posted in the shock forum (and there's lots of similar threads over there).
    I'd shoot for a 'zoke MX comp/pro or marathon (might be outta your price range) or a rockshox reba. if you're willing to go used, I'd also throw any fox fork into the mix.
    lockout seems to be nice for uphill, but aside from that... it'll be a lot easier to find a 100mm travel fork than ~80mm, & i believe your bike was designed for something around 100mm, so not a bad idea to stick to it.

I forgot to add this link to a price comparison site, it's getting time for '06 closeouts, so keep an eye out.
    http://www.comparisonpricing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cmktech
    Well on my 06 hardrock pro disc, I am wanting to upgrade the fork. What I am looking for is:

1) Lighter than MZ-3
    2) Not as Pogo-Stick type
    3) Lockout if it really makes a difference
    4) Do I really need 100mm of travel? has anyone bottomed out 80mm of travel
    5) Price range around $400

I do mostly cross country but 90% singletrack type, and I want a plusher ride over rocky terrain. I am on a hardtail.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]