Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    I am attempting to change the duster seals on my wife's Fork. The Fork is a 2010 (?) F-series 32 RL 120mm travel. I just want to confirm the oil volume and the oil type.

First off, how do I know if the fork has open-bath dampers or not? If I understand correctly, there is either O/B or FIT, and I don't see the words FIT anywhere on the fork, so I assume it is an O/B?

Next, if it is O/B, the fox oil guide says to use 10 wt Red, but the first shop I went to gave me 20 wt Gold and from what I've read online, and what a different shop told me, the Gold oil is the new standard for all forks? However, the Fox oil chart shows to only use red in the Open-bath dampers? Will it make that big of a difference and if not are the measurements still the same?

Finally, assuming I am looking at the right fork on the Fox chart, I want to confirm that this is correct

Damper-side oil bath 160cc
    Spring-side oil bath 30cc

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chrnol View Post
    I am attempting to change the duster seals on my wife's Fork. The Fork is a 2010 (?) F-series 32 RL 120mm travel. I just want to confirm the oil volume and the oil type.

First off, how do I know if the fork has open-bath dampers or not? If I understand correctly, there is either O/B or FIT, and I don't see the words FIT anywhere on the fork, so I assume it is an O/B?

Next, if it is O/B, the fox oil guide says to use 10 wt Red, but the first shop I went to gave me 20 wt Gold and from what I've read online, and what a different shop told me, the Gold oil is the new standard for all forks? However, the Fox oil chart shows to only use red in the Open-bath dampers? Will it make that big of a difference and if not are the measurements still the same?

Finally, assuming I am looking at the right fork on the Fox chart, I want to confirm that this is correct

Damper-side oil bath 160cc
    Spring-side oil bath 30cc
    that chart seems out-dated. i would email them direct, i got pretty quick answers when I did. my lockout hasn't worked solidly since I did mine, they suggested I didn't put the right volume in, so i re-did it and still the same. my old fork is much smoother than it was though. From you tube videos linked above in this thread they mentioned to cycle the fork after draining it you'll get an idea of how much fluid comes out too. Mine was leaking so it was minimal. Good Luck!

mtbr member
    Quick question for the guru's out there. Do I order a normal Fox service kit for a re:activ shock? Mate wants me to do a service on his remedy and just wanted to know if there was any difference from a normal shock doing an air can service. From what I can tell it's just the dampener that's different.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slider_phil View Post
    Quick question for the guru's out there. Do I order a normal Fox service kit for a re:activ shock? Mate wants me to do a service on his remedy and just wanted to know if there was any difference from a normal shock doing an air can service. From what I can tell it's just the dampener that's different.

Cheers!
    get the shock code and look it up on ridefox.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234