mtbr member

Which fork? RS Argyle or Marz 4x RC3

Looking at picking up one of these from Pricepoint with my tax return.
    Argyle RC for $280
    Marz 4x RC3 for $299

Current setup: Santa Cruz Chameleon with a slalom/4x build, currently running a solo-air Tora up front @100mm. Bike gets used for local pump track, BMX track, and slalom runs. No big DJs yet but the occasional urban hucking ride.

I want a 20mm thru-axle since I'm a big guy and have a spare 20mm front wheel, extra damping would be great as well. I'm a big guy so I like air-springs (currently running the Tora at ~195psi).

I've heard horror stores of Marz reliability which scares me but I like to wrench on my own forks so I'm comfortable tearing something down if it needs to be fixed. I'm very comfortable working on Rockshox forks so I'm kind of leaning that way already.

Which ultimately would be the better deal? Price different is negligible but I would have to tear down the Argyle immediately to swap my Tora air-spring into it.

meow, meow.
    In the unlikely case you're still looking for such a fork, consider a Manitou Circus Comp or Expert. They are as simple as Argyles to work on but you can fine tune damping in ways that RS forks are not designed to support.
    What tread pattern does it take to maintain grip on reality? Is a rubber queen enough?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update. I went ahead and picked up a Rockshox Sektor and lowering it to 100mm. Lighter and more adjustable than the Argyle RC and plenty strong enough for my skill level.