Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which fork do I have - EXR or EXR Race?

980 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dario 
#1 ·
Just got home with my new '05 Specialized Enduro 130. Been out riding a bit, trying to get the shocks adjusted. The fork has a little too much sag, so I need to adjust it. I went to the Marzocchi site to get some instructions, and am now confused. (The bike is very nice, btw.)

The fork says EXR Race on it. But that fork takes air on the preload (spring) side, per the manual. My fork does not, and just has an allen adjustment on the spring side, which looks like the regular EXR.

Do I have the wrong fork on my bike, or is the manual wrong?

#2 ·
Dario said:
Just got home with my new '05 Specialized Enduro 130. Been out riding a bit, trying to get the shocks adjusted. The fork has a little too much sag, so I need to adjust it. I went to the Marzocchi site to get some instructions, and am now confused. (The bike is very nice, btw.)

The fork says EXR Race on it. But that fork takes air on the preload (spring) side, per the manual. My fork does not, and just has an allen adjustment on the spring side, which looks like the regular EXR.

Do I have the wrong fork on my bike, or is the manual wrong?
Do your fork have rebound adjustment? if you have that, then it's a EXR race.

#3 ·
It does have rebound adjustment. But per the docs at marzocchi.com it also has a preload adjustment with air in the left leg, which mine does not. Mine has a hex screw to adjust the preload, which describes the EXR, not the Race, per the docs.

#7 ·
Reply from Specialzied

Here's the reply I got from Specialized:
You have the right fork on your bike. Sometimes OEM items shipped to manufacturers are different from the after market parts. This is common in the bicycle industry. Your fork is marked by Marzochii that it's a OEM fork and was not sold separately as just the fork. This is also common.

I'm not quite sure of why the different specs on the forks.​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.