HRP
    mtbr member

Float CTD on Stumpjumper FSR Elite

Bike is 2011 Stumpjumper FSR Elite with:

REAR SHOCK: Specialized/Fox Brain Shock w/ remote Trail Tune inertia valve, Brain Fade and rebound adj., 7.75x1.9", integrated cartridge bearing shock mount

I can't seem to find a Float CTD of the same size as the Brain Shock I have on now. I am new to this so a little advise/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    I believe the only shock you can replace that with is from the same year Evo model. That one, measures 7.75 x 2. I see Spesh is listing metric sizing on the shocks instead of inches. 7.75"x1.9" comes out to around 196.85mm x 48.2mm. It looks like every bike is speced with a 194 x 51 shock now. The overall length is a little over a 10th of an inch and the stroke is also a little over a 10th as well. It's a tough call to make. I have the RP23 on my elite and love it. If you can get one of those you'd be quite happy with it I'm sure. Good luck.
    2011 Stump Jumper
    2005 Iron Horse Warrior

HRP
    mtbr member
    That's a bummer. I contacted Fox and see if I can do a CTD ordered through a Spesh dealer. We'll see what they say. I'd imagine it would be kinda hard to get an RP23 now since they no longer have them. I see what they say and report back.

How do you like the RP23? How does it compare to the brain? I'm just looking for the plushness that the brain doesnt have.

Thanks a bunch