jeb
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Finish Line Teflon Grease, good for susp. pivots, BB ??

Yep, is it good for suspension pivots/bearings(SC blur LT) and my bottom bracket???
    Just wondering !!!

mtbr member
    Also wondering... and if it's good for headset bearings.

banned
    Is this stuff the red grease? I'm trying to remember and forgot, and which company sells it to them for relabeling. If it's the red type, then yeah, it's good stuff.

With suspension BUSHINGS, one wants to smear an extremely thin layer so as to not attract too much dust. As far as bearings, it's fine. I use it on wheel bearings and my headsets as well. It's pretty decent with respect to water resistance.

For the most part, anything will work on this stuff. Hell, if you want the ultimate, just use automotive chassis and wheelbearing grease. They are also EP types, so they handle strong and shock loads quite well.

I AM I AM
    Yeah I've used Finishline in my BB with no ill effect. Way back when I got my first half decent mtb the LBS told me it was the stuff to use on the coil spring inside the forks, so I figured if it's fork friendly it must be pretty good for most other stuff.
    The first tube I had had white grease in it, the new tube has creamy coloured stuff. Since it says on the packaging that it's for : Headsets, Bottom Brackets, Hubs, Stems & Posts, gaskets & O-rings I would assume that answers your question. . . . suspension / pivot bearings are pretty similar to headsets / bb's.

mtbr member
    Mine isn't red or transparent like most grease i see. It's a beige color. Anyone use this before? And is it good for greasing threads as well? Just used it to grease the threads of a bottom bracket.