mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Experiences with the 2009 Marzocchi 33 TST2?

What is everyones experience with the 2009 Marzocchi 33 TST2? Ive searched around and found some info but nothing really spefic to that fork. Thanks for any info!

mtbr member
    There is some info in the reviews here:
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/suspension/2...1_6513crx.aspx
    We need more info from you.
    What bike?
    Full suspension or hard tail?
    How much travel does your current fork have?
    What don't you like about your current fork?

Go back to school
    Good fork. You MUST check the oil levels before installing the fork though.
    Die to ride, ride to die

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese
    What bike?
    2009 Specialized Hardrock
    Current fork has 80mm of travel so 100mm of travel with this fork would be about right I would think.
    My current fork just feels very cheap and after riding motocross most of my life I like having a little more control over the adjustments. The current one feels more like a slinky (kinda hard to describe) and very flexy. I am looking to upgrade to something at least a little better without dumping a ton of money into a Hardrock. This fork was right around my $250 price range.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese
    What bike?
    2009 Specialized Hardrock
    Current fork has 80mm of travel so 100mm of travel with this fork would be about right I would think.
    My current fork just feels very cheap and after riding motocross most of my life I like having a little more control over the adjustments. The current one feels more like a slinky (kinda hard to describe) and very flexy. I am looking to upgrade to something at least a little better without dumping a ton of money into a Hardrock. This fork was right around my $250 price range.

Here is a link to the fork if anyone has anything else to add, thanks for your replies so far!

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/183...-TST2-2009.htm

mtbr member
    I rode motocross through the 80's, worked for a dealer so I know what you mean about the cheap feel. Is it a dart or suntour? I have a few Tora 318's but another option would be to look for a Manitou R-7, Drake or Minute in Absolute or TPC. They show up on ebay and at vendors often, come in 100mm and have great trail performance. Not that you want to go crazy, but the Tora 302 can be upgraded with the motion control damper for around 60 so if you see a good deal on one, that's an option as well. Marzocchi went through a rough period in 2008 but I hear are better now. People rave aout the 2007 and below years.

Lot's of info, but at least you have choices.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Anyone have anything to say about the Rockshox Tora SL Suspension Fork? Its also in my price range and after reading reviews and the forums it seems Rockshox is a better quality.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by trail_boss2
    Anyone have anything to say about the Rockshox Tora SL Suspension Fork? Its also in my price range and after reading reviews and the forums it seems Rockshox is a better quality.
    The SL uses the Turn Key Damper which has been troublesome in the Tora 302...however I have not heard of the same failures in the SL so maybe it is fixed. It's a primitive damper compared to the Motion Control in the 318 and Race models. It will not provide the same supple compression and it will tend to dive more under braking but if you can get one cheap enough it might be worth it and then get the Motion Control compression damper unit for about $50...it's easy to replace.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trail_boss2
    I have the tora sl solo air. Not a bad fork and I had no issues with it. If I did not get a new bike I would have added the motion conrol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Decided I am going to go with the Tora SL, thanks for the help everyone.