mtbr member

Englund Total Air rebuild instructions???

I'm trying to rebuild a couple of old Judy's with Englund Total Air Cartridges. Both forks are no longer holding air. Before I just tear into them, I was wondering if anyone has instructions that they can post so I don't butcher the carts too badly... I searched the Eko website and past posts with no luck...
    Thanks...
    Oh yeah, here are some pictures of the forks. I remember liking the Englunds a lot until they lose air unexepectedly OR the carts fly out of the crown unexpectedly and hits you in the eye...
    Sub 3lb Judy XC

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

air rebuild

Have you done the "water test" to tell where the leak is? It might save a total rebuild. We had a set on my wife's 1998 Ibis szazbo. I ended up rebuilding them a few times to find leaks. I'll look in the garage for any instructions, but as I remember, it's pretty simple -just a few o-rings and a schrader valve.

mtbr member
    Thanks! So I should just pump up the right cart and dunk it in water (or do I leave it on the fork and then dunk)?
    Also, is the left cart bolted on from the bottom as well (I'm thinking this is the damper cart and would need to be unbolted from the bottom as well as the top).
    Thanks again for the help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Water torture for suspension

Yep, just remove the cart from the fork, air it up pretty high, dunk it, and wait for the bubbles. Most of our leaks were aournd the valve area. I could be misremembering but I don't think ours had a damping cart. There were two identical air carts (total air). I'm not sure about the bolt on the bottom of yours. Could it be left from a non-air set up?

No insturctions in my garage, I must have given them to the person who bought the bike.

I'm invisible.
    I will post the rebuild instructions next week. I have a brand new pair of JUDY XC Total Air cartridges arriving. When I get them, I will post up the instructions, or PM you with them.
    Signature space intentionally left blank.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by disease
    I will post the rebuild instructions next week. I have a brand new pair of JUDY XC Total Air cartridges arriving. When I get them, I will post up the instructions, or PM you with them.
    Thanks dude. I actually got a rebuild kit from MRP and the instructions. I rebuilt one and will be working on the other shortly. It's too easy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I'm looking for one or two kits... anyone got an idea where to find them?!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Not too many left around....

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    sorry, forgotten to say that I need for Judy 95-98...

I've got a short time an Indy SL with NOS englund Kit for sale...(just want to build up one and ride it 3-4times to see how it feels...) but the color and the whole style of a yellow indy doesn't fit in my bikes

so if anyone's interested.. I'll swap against a Judy Kit ...

I'm invisible.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschooler
    I'm looking for one or two kits... anyone got an idea where to find them?!
    I just got my 2000 JUDY XC kit this afternoon. I have found a few sites in the UK still selling them. One is www.ison-distribution.com I also found a Brazilian site called www.Fuerza.be. Dig around, and you will find them, or watch eBay to find a cheaper one, like I did.
    Last edited by disease; 01-23-2008 at 12:00 PM.
    Signature space intentionally left blank.