mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Englund Air Cartridge tuning?

So to replace my Duke a friend cobbled together a Judy hybrid. Don't ask, too much to explain. But its something to get me by until I can rebuild the duke. Couple of questions about the air cartridge.

What is the max air pressure this thing is rated for?

And to tune the dampening, which way do I turn the jet inside? Is clockwise more dampening, and counter less? Or vice versus? How many turns of adjust do I safely have?

I have it apart to be greased. I wanna get this thing tuned before I put it back together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    wow it has been a while since I worked with those but as far as pressure I forget but it really souldnt take too much to supprt you (they get pretty dang stiff starting around 50psi if I remember right) as far as damping I thought turning the dials was compression and changing the jets was rebound or possibly turning them was both comp and rebound and changing the jet just boosted the level of the rebound but either way I remember you can go all the way in till bottom (I dont remember anyone likeing it that way though) and you can go out to 6 or 7 but after that the effect doesnt seem to change.