Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 701 to 785 of 785
  1. #701
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    thanks Chris, waiting for your last 1 % sure.

  2. #702
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by future9398 View Post
    thanks Chris, waiting for your last 1 % sure.
    Wow. That last 1% is a bear. It actually takes our NBKRWC2540.

  3. #703
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    yes, i already place my order. thanks chris

  4. #704
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Noclutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    792
    I just replaced my RDOs worn upper DU with RWCs needle bearing...and WOW! This such a functional upgrade!
    The slop is gone but more importantly the decrease in stiction is very noticeable even when cycling the suspension by hand in my living room workshop. It will be interesting if I can objectively discern the difference on trail junk. And a bit of ano bling don't hurt either

    Thanks Chris

  5. #705
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    459

    Nbkrwc2185

    Any idea when you will have the NBKRWC2185 needle bearing kits in stock? I would like to order a bottom bracket and the needle bearing adapter kit at the same time to save shipping. I am building up a new bike.

    thank you

    EDIT
    RWC already returned my email. They have black in stock, red is out of stock but they can make more in a day if anyone wants them. I decided to go with black since I might change frames in two years or so.
    Last edited by mudncrud; 01-07-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: update
    Here's to sweat in your eye.

  6. #706
    Helmetless Crasher
    Reputation: Stumpjumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,071
    Just installed rwc needles on my RZ120 c'dale.

    Very nice upgrade in smooth slop-free small bump sensitivity.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

  7. #707
    Hack Racer
    Reputation: Cheers!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,566
    Any idea if any of the kits could be adapted to fit a 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL?

  8. #708
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
    Any idea if any of the kits could be adapted to fit a 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL?
    The span (22.20mm) is no problem. However, the database indicates 10mm hardware. That's a problem. Also, pics look like bearings are incorporated at the swing link/shock juncture. I'm thinking it's not going to be possible...

  9. #709
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,181
    Any suggestion for a 50mm one for my Nicolai Helius? All I see is a 43.75mm one, then 54mm...

  10. #710
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Any suggestion for a 50mm one for my Nicolai Helius? All I see is a 43.75mm one, then 54mm...
    What color do you want and can you wait a couple of weeks? We can modify some 54mm kits...

  11. #711
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    What color do you want and can you wait a couple of weeks? We can modify some 54mm kits...
    I really did not think about color, but the bike is blue. It rides fine, no urgency, but compared with your needle bearing kits in my Rotwild and my wife's Yeti bikes, stiction is there. I feel I may be loosing some of CCDBA goodness.

    I thought about using spacers, but 6mm worth of them, not sure. You recommend 4mm max. I would have preferred the inner axle to make contact.. I will also order 15.9mm one for the other eyelet..

  12. #712
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I really did not think about color, but the bike is blue. It rides fine, no urgency, but compared with your needle bearing kits in my Rotwild and my wife's Yeti bikes, stiction is there. I feel I may be loosing some of CCDBA goodness.

    I thought about using spacers, but 6mm worth of them, not sure. You recommend 4mm max. I would have preferred the inner axle to make contact.. I will also order 15.9mm one for the other eyelet..
    If you are running the DB Air, the shock eyelets are 14.7mm. That's too small to run the needle bearings. However, you can have a machine shop take them out to 15.05mm. There is plenty of excess material engineered into the eyelet, so there is no worry of hurting the shock. In addition, it will not make your shock only compatible with our needle bearing kit. It will make it compatible with any and all Fox compatible systems.

  13. #713
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    If you are running the DB Air, the shock eyelets are 14.7mm. That's too small to run the needle bearings. However, you can have a machine shop take them out to 15.05mm. There is plenty of excess material engineered into the eyelet, so there is no worry of hurting the shock. In addition, it will not make your shock only compatible with our needle bearing kit. It will make it compatible with any and all Fox compatible systems.
    Gah... I did not even notice that when buying it last year, all I saw was that it used standard size reducers.. Why would they do that, dammit.. And I can't even use my bag of DP4 bushings..

    ...will bug you if I decide on the surgery.. thanks.

  14. #714
    mtbr member
    Reputation: devojrx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35
    What size kit would I need for my DYD RT2 shock on my Cannondale Trigger 29er?

  15. #715
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by devojrx7 View Post
    What size kit would I need for my DYD RT2 shock on my Cannondale Trigger 29er?
    I been trying to get to the bottom of this for a while. I can't find a specific listing for the Trigger. However, every Cannondale frame with a DYAD shock listed in the Fox database has a 15.75mm mounting span. If this is also true with your frame, which is likely, you would need NBKRWC1575. You could verify this measurement yourself if you have some calipers.

  16. #716
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    172
    Chris2fur what kit is needed for the new Niner Rip RDO?

  17. #717
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by sand0kan View Post
    Chris2fur what kit is needed for the new Niner Rip RDO?
    Niner has consistently used the 21.85mm standard so our NBKRWC2185 is the one to use (at rockers--bottom is stationary).

  18. #718
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    48

    My experience with RWC and the needle bearing kit.

    I had ordered a needle bearing kit for my Jamis XCR, but when it arrived I realized that it wouldn't fit due to the bike having proprietary shock mounting bolts. I called Chris at RWC to ask if there was an adapter that would allow me to fit it to my bike, but there wasn't. He offered me the choice of either returning it for a refund, or I could e-mail him some photos of the stock hardware and how the shock mounted along with a few measurements, and he would try to make up something so I could use it. I choose the latter. He e-mailed me the following day to say he'd have something for me to try as soon as he could. Just over a week later Chris e-mailed to tell me he had something made up and would mail it the next morning. Two days later it was in my mail box. Chris followed up with me to make sure everything fit properly, which it did. Needless to say, I was/am very impressed with the level of customer service at RWC.
    As far as my experience with the product itself? Well, on this bike I had previously replaced the stock Fox RP2 with a Rock Shox Monarch RT-3, which was a big improvement, but it still didn't work quite as well as I wanted. If I set it up to work well on the big stuff and have enough support through corners and g-outs, it was overly harsh on small choppy stuff and would kind of hang up to easily on square edged bumps. If I set it up to address that, then it would wallow into it's mid-stroke too easily. Adding the needle bearing at the swing link end of the shock took care of the harshness and square edged hang up. Something I didn't expect was, since there is so much less friction as the suspension articulates, I actually needed to add another 10 psi and 1 more click of rebound damping. Consequently, the mid-stroke support is better and it even feels a little more composed on the bigger bumps as well. Everything just feels noticeably smoother and more controlled. Great product from a great company. Thanks!

  19. #719
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamwarthog View Post
    ....Consequently, the mid-stroke support is better and it even feels a little more composed on the bigger bumps as well. Everything just feels noticeably smoother and more controlled. Great product from a great company. Thanks!
    Thanks very much!

  20. #720
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Hi Chris, is there a distributor for your products in Europe or even better in Greece.
    Thanks!

  21. #721
    don't stop
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    I been trying to get to the bottom of this for a while. I can't find a specific listing for the Trigger. However, every Cannondale frame with a DYAD shock listed in the Fox database has a 15.75mm mounting span. If this is also true with your frame, which is likely, you would need NBKRWC1575. You could verify this measurement yourself if you have some calipers.
    Any update on this? I am looking to buy a needle bearing kit for my Trigger 29er 1, and was looking to confirm that the NBKRWC1575 is the correct kit I need to order. Any shims needed too?

  22. #722
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by runbaileyrun View Post
    Any update on this? I am looking to buy a needle bearing kit for my Trigger 29er 1, and was looking to confirm that the NBKRWC1575 is the correct kit I need to order. Any shims needed too?
    For the Trigger I'm showing 22.00 mounting span on the 29er aluminum and 15.75 mounting span on the carbon 26er. So, for you, the question is whether to go with the 21.85 kit or the 22.20 mounting kit. Checking the actual span with calipers would be best....

  23. #723
    don't stop
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    For the Trigger I'm showing 22.00 mounting span on the 29er aluminum and 15.75 mounting span on the carbon 26er. So, for you, the question is whether to go with the 21.85 kit or the 22.20 mounting kit. Checking the actual span with calipers would be best....
    Great - thanks for the update. I need an excuse to buy some callipers, so I'll check and report back later.

  24. #724
    don't stop
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    For the Trigger I'm showing 22.00 mounting span on the 29er aluminum and 15.75 mounting span on the carbon 26er. So, for you, the question is whether to go with the 21.85 kit or the 22.20 mounting kit. Checking the actual span with calipers would be best....
    22.05 mm measured on mine. So that makes it the 21.85mm plus a spacer or two.

  25. #725
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,613
    Or squeezing in the 22.2?

  26. #726
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,434

    Inner races - how tight should they be?

    Hi Chris,

    I've got your needle bearing kits installed in the top shock eye on two of my bikes for about 3 months now. When initially installed I selected the + size races as the ++ seemed just a bit too tight and made the bearing feel sticky and a bit rough. With the + size there was a tiny bit of play but this seemed to be the best of the two choices. Today I was taking a look at both bikes and noticed the play was a bit more than I would like so I decided to again try the ++ size and found they actually fit, still very tight, but no longer making the bearing feel rough. I realize its probably a bit of a judgement call, but in general is it better for the bearing longevity to have the inner race a bit tight rather than a bit loose?

    The other concern I have, on the bike with the higher mileage on the needle bearing kit (about 300 miles), the bearing was actually a slight bit notchy even before I started playing with the races. I added some lube and got the needles moving freely again, but I'm wondering if this is cause for concern?

    Regards,

    Karl

  27. #727
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    Hi Chris,

    I've got your needle bearing kits installed in the top shock eye on two of my bikes for about 3 months now. When initially installed I selected the + size races as the ++ seemed just a bit too tight and made the bearing feel sticky and a bit rough. With the + size there was a tiny bit of play but this seemed to be the best of the two choices. Today I was taking a look at both bikes and noticed the play was a bit more than I would like so I decided to again try the ++ size and found they actually fit, still very tight, but no longer making the bearing feel rough. I realize its probably a bit of a judgement call, but in general is it better for the bearing longevity to have the inner race a bit tight rather than a bit loose?

    The other concern I have, on the bike with the higher mileage on the needle bearing kit (about 300 miles), the bearing was actually a slight bit notchy even before I started playing with the races. I added some lube and got the needles moving freely again, but I'm wondering if this is cause for concern?

    Regards,

    Karl
    Hi, Karl: Since your situation was originally between the two inner ring sizes, probably a bit of grease displacement made the difference. If the larger inner ring fits, I would go with that. As far as having to grease and spin the one bearing, I would not worry about it. As long as no physical wear was evident on the inner ring, no damage was done.

  28. #728
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Hi Chris,

    I have scott voltage fr 2011. According to the shock size chart on your site i should get NBKRWC2185, but based on scott manual the bushing size is 22.2 x 8 mm. So what should i get? Can you help me with this? Thanks.

  29. #729
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by akmal_ueb View Post
    Hi Chris,

    I have scott voltage fr 2011. According to the shock size chart on your site i should get NBKRWC2185, but based on scott manual the bushing size is 22.2 x 8 mm. So what should i get? Can you help me with this? Thanks.
    When the manufacturer provides a listing, it's usually more reliable than the chart (which is based on a Fox data base). Go with the NBKRWC2220.

  30. #730
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Ok, thanks Chris.

  31. #731
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Hello Fellow Mtbr's

    I have a Rocky Mountain Slayer 2013 model fitted with the standard Rock Shox Monarch RC3 . Has anybody fitted these bearing kits to one of these ? I searched and couldn't find the answer for this model.

    The lower bush system which appears to be half the thickness of the upper bush seems to always loosen off so there ends up with a small amount of play in that area. The owner of IBC { Marty } guy who I purchased the bike from and also a 2013 Slayer rider found that his new one also developed this play here very quickly.

    It's not a huge problem , just a little pain in the ass to have to keep re-checking this pivot after every ride. My 2011 Remedy 9 never need this checked in a year of riding. Saying that I didn't ride the Trek half as fast over stuff as the Rocky, It's been a lot quicker bike over the same trails.

    Also Chris do you have an agent here in Australia or Hong Kong which I will be taking the Rocky too in a few weeks.

    Regards

    Adam

  32. #732
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cecald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    209
    Chris, I've got a tallboy LTc and was wondering if I also need to order any shims to fit both top and bottom shock mounts? Appreciate any assistance as I haven't found anything by searching.

  33. #733
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16

    2013 Devinci Atlas Carbon w/Monarch RT3

    Chris:

    Please advise which kit(s) is needed for a Monarch RT3 on a 2013 Devinci Atlas Carbon, and the quantity of spacers, if any, that would be needed.

    I suspect that I will only need one NB kit for the upper rocker mount, but I defer to your judgement.

    Thanks!

  34. #734
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf View Post
    Chris:

    Please advise which kit(s) is needed for a Monarch RT3 on a 2013 Devinci Atlas Carbon, and the quantity of spacers, if any, that would be needed.

    I suspect that I will only need one NB kit for the upper rocker mount, but I defer to your judgement.

    Thanks!
    Yes, you are correct about just changing the upper rocker mount. Kit number NBKRWC4115 is a match--no shims needed.

  35. #735
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by cecald View Post
    Chris, I've got a tallboy LTc and was wondering if I also need to order any shims to fit both top and bottom shock mounts? Appreciate any assistance as I haven't found anything by searching.
    Only need to change the swing link end since no rotation happens in the top tube mount end of the shock eyelet. Kit NBKRWC2185 is what you need and no shims are required.

  36. #736
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainSlayer7 View Post
    Hello Fellow Mtbr's

    I have a Rocky Mountain Slayer 2013 model fitted with the standard Rock Shox Monarch RC3 . Has anybody fitted these bearing kits to one of these ? I searched and couldn't find the answer for this model.

    The lower bush system which appears to be half the thickness of the upper bush seems to always loosen off so there ends up with a small amount of play in that area. The owner of IBC { Marty } guy who I purchased the bike from and also a 2013 Slayer rider found that his new one also developed this play here very quickly.

    It's not a huge problem , just a little pain in the ass to have to keep re-checking this pivot after every ride. My 2011 Remedy 9 never need this checked in a year of riding. Saying that I didn't ride the Trek half as fast over stuff as the Rocky, It's been a lot quicker bike over the same trails.

    Also Chris do you have an agent here in Australia or Hong Kong which I will be taking the Rocky too in a few weeks.

    Regards

    Adam
    Hi, Adam: I'm not sure our needle bearing kit is solution to this problem. If hardware is loosening up and tightening the hardware gets rid of the play, then something is backing out. If I'm understanding your post correctly, sounds like a need for some Loctite thread locker. Now, if you were to convert the top rocker end to a needle bearing, you would get improved small-bump compliance. Unfortunately, I don't have the measurement for that one. Looks about 30mm, but I would need a measurement between the rocker arms.

  37. #737
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Yes, you are correct about just changing the upper rocker mount. Kit number NBKRWC4115 is a match--no shims needed.
    I placed my order today. Thanks for the quick reply!

  38. #738
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    416

    Re: Enduro shock eye needle bearing kit

    Alright, I'm confused. I have the green and blue tools from RWC. Trying to install on DHX Air 5.0. I'm down to the white bushing sleeves that are pressed in as two halves. I don't see how the tools can push them out. They have a lip on them so you can push them through. What am I missing?


    Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enduro shock eye needle bearing kit-uploadfromtaptalk1377742856494.jpg  


  39. #739
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    416

    Re: Enduro shock eye needle bearing kit

    Never mind. I figured it out. Didn't realize I had the new polymer bushing style. Is it still worth swaping them out for the needle bearings?

    Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

  40. #740
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf View Post
    I placed my order today. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Thanks!

  41. #741
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by rehammer81 View Post
    Never mind. I figured it out. Didn't realize I had the new polymer bushing style. Is it still worth swaping them out for the needle bearings?
    It's interesting how DU bushings were always "good enough" until we offered the needle bearing kits. Honestly, I think the new Fox system is a significant improvement over the DU bushings. However, that's not saying a lot because the standard OE DU bushing system is so bad. There is still a significant variation in friction between Fox shocks using the new Fox system because the eyelet tolerances vary from shock to shock. We have addressed this by including three different inner ring OD tolerances in our needle bearing kits. Fox is still "one size fits all" so some shocks have noticeably smoother rotation than DU bushings and others are still really tight. Having said all that, even the very best fitting Fox polymer bushing system is still way behind our needle bearing kits in terms of friction loss. Still, I give credit to Fox for acknowledging the need for improvement.

  42. #742
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shapirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    488
    Chris, any info on the compatibility for the 2013 Norco Sight 3 model?
    If you don't have the measurements handy, I can take them.

  43. #743
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by shapirus View Post
    Chris, any info on the compatibility for the 2013 Norco Sight 3 model?
    If you don't have the measurements handy, I can take them.
    Sorry, but we don't have the info on that one. Norco doesn't publish it and we don't have it in our database.

  44. #744
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,538
    You have a direct link to the Cane Creek eyelet bore service? I'm having trouble navigating your site. Thanks.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  45. #745
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    You have a direct link to the Cane Creek eyelet bore service? I'm having trouble navigating your site. Thanks.
    Please email directly about that: chris@realworldcycling.com

  46. #746
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rey Recinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    203
    I was so satisfied with the RWC needle bearings that I installed on my Trance, I just had to get another set for my 5.Spot..

    These needle bearings really rock...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enduro shock eye needle bearing kit-dsc09662.jpg  


  47. #747
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    hi Chris, i own a 2013 santa cruz Blur TRc, i bought two set of pivot bearing(blur TRC) for replacement last month, but turn out the upper link bearing is correct, only the vpp lower link bearing doesn't fit to mine . can you please check for me which bearing i should order for the VPP link, my bike still wait for a new replacement bearing for run. thank you

  48. #748
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by future9398 View Post
    hi Chris, i own a 2013 santa cruz Blur TRc, i bought two set of pivot bearing(blur TRC) for replacement last month, but turn out the upper link bearing is correct, only the vpp lower link bearing doesn't fit to mine . can you please check for me which bearing i should order for the VPP link, my bike still wait for a new replacement bearing for run. thank you
    OK, sorting this out via email.

  49. #749
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    thanks for your quick reply. i also sent back my problem via email. thanks

  50. #750
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikethepoolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4

    Shock eye needle bearing

    Hi Chris at REAL WORLD CYCLING,
    after a few years of frustration and continually changing out the sheared 8mm bolt -and upgrading to harder and harder bolts (e.g. 12.9 alloy)- and cracking the Specialized Hollow Link- I came across this thread. I was so excited to see there is an alternative to the Specialized / Fox stock reducer pin- until I found its out of stock on your site.

    I've spent HOURS on the computer learning about the issue and your consistent posts show me you care and are highly competent.

    My bike: 2006 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper FSR.

    You know all this but I'll post it for any other victims with the same issue:
    Fox makes two replacement parts: Pin style: 803-00-119 , 2 piece top hat style: 803-03-034.
    Their spread sheets: http://service.foxracingshox.com/con...educerSpec.xls (my bike is on line 5081)
    and http://service.foxracingshox.com/con...Specs_2011.xls (mine is line 6255).

    It looks like your replacement part is NBKRWC1575.

    Please help. Do I have any alternatives (and yes, a newer bike is in my future but I've got to get this working first)?
    ...I just pedal

  51. #751
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    for those who consider buy bearing from RWC, here is the reply from them via email.

    Hi, Hiew:



    No, we will send them to you free of charge. It’s our mistake. We will correct the database and change the kit as well.



    Best regards,



    Chris Streeter

    Real World Cycling, LLC


    ]
    (very responsibility of after sales service) thanks Chris.

  52. #752
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethepoolman View Post

    It looks like your replacement part is NBKRWC1575.

    Please help. Do I have any alternatives (and yes, a newer bike is in my future but I've got to get this working first)?
    We sold a bunch of that size over the weekend. We will have more in stock today or tomorrow.

  53. #753
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikethepoolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    I think I love you.
    ...I just pedal

  54. #754
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikethepoolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Chris. I'll keep checking back for stock and order a couple.
    And, do I need the shims with my setup?
    ...I just pedal

  55. #755
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethepoolman View Post
    Thanks Chris. I'll keep checking back for stock and order a couple.
    And, do I need the shims with my setup?
    Back in stock and no shims should be required for your application. Thanks for your patience!

  56. #756
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Chris:

    Which kit is needed for a:

    2010 Gary Fisher Superfly 100 w/ Fox Float RP23

    One kit for the bottom eyelet only or both eyelets? Shims required?

    Thanks!

  57. #757
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,814
    Chris,

    I just got installing one of your needle bearing kit that I had bought when it first came out two or three years ago. Back then I had bought it for different bike but I removed it when I noticed the play from needle bearing kit when I pick the bike up with saddle. I just reinstalled the Fox DU bushing setup since it was new and didnt have any play. Back then I was following this thread I remember you mentioning to others with similar issue that the play in needle bearing kit is normal. Is this true today? Today I just installed that kit on 2012 El Guapo on the lower shock mount and again there is play there which I didnt have with Rock Shox DU bushing/reducer setup that I removed. I really want to give this thing a chance but play is very annoying and feels just like worn DU bushing. Btw, I have tried contacting via phone # and email from your web site and I never a response.
    sth

  58. #758
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound View Post
    Chris,

    I just got installing one of your needle bearing kit that I had bought when it first came out two or three years ago. Back then I had bought it for different bike but I removed it when I noticed the play from needle bearing kit when I pick the bike up with saddle....
    When the kits first came out, they included one inner ring (hardened axle that goes in the needle bearing). The kits now include 3 inner rings of varying outside diameters. That info is in this thread, but it's getting to be rather long, so you'd really have to comb through to find it. Each shock has a slight variation in eyelet bore diameter due to machining tolerances. The needle bearing cup gets compressed a little more in some applications, a little less in others. Having the three inner rings lets you dial-in the fit after you have pressed the bearing in. All you really need is a complete set of the inner rings and use the one that fits best. Which kit do you have?

  59. #759
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Which kit do you have?
    NBKRWC22

    Shock lower mounting bolt is M8 so I using the metal inner ring which seems to be perfect fit for the bolt. There is another inner ring inside the package which I am not using. It seems to be made out of hard plastic...my guess it is for M6 bolt?

    Anyways the one I have only came with two inner sleeves (as mentioned above), needle bearing, and two spacers with your company logo "RWC".

    I also have two other needle bearing kit (2 quantities of NBKRWC40) I bought around the same time but those also have so much play I took them right back out.

    Yes trying to comb through 30 pages is bit overwhelming.
    sth

  60. #760
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound View Post
    NBKRWC22

    Shock lower mounting bolt is M8 so I using the metal inner ring which seems to be perfect fit for the bolt. There is another inner ring inside the package which I am not using. It seems to be made out of hard plastic...my guess it is for M6 bolt?

    Anyways the one I have only came with two inner sleeves (as mentioned above), needle bearing, and two spacers with your company logo "RWC".

    I also have two other needle bearing kit (2 quantities of NBKRWC40) I bought around the same time but those also have so much play I took them right back out.

    Yes trying to comb through 30 pages is bit overwhelming.
    When talking about needle bearings, the "axle" is called the Inner Ring. This is what the needle rollers contact. The only "sleeve" we used is the "reducer sleeve" to run with a 6mm bolt. I'm only clarifying because if you call the inner ring a "sleeve" we won't be communicating clearly with each other.

    So, the tolerances we are talking about only have to do with the fit inside the bearing where the needle rollers contact the inner ring. The bolt fit really is not a toleranced fit. This is because the job of the bolt is to pull the mounting members together to clamp down on the inner ring. In other words, properly torqueing the bolt makes the rocker arms and the inner ring one unit. The bolt does not bear the shear load.

    Here are the instructions to make it clear how the inner rings are used:

    1) Remove DU Bushing from shock eyelet.
    2) Install cup and needle roller assembly into shock eye using proper installation tool.
    3) Carefully guide the “++” tolerance inner ring into the installed needle bearing.
    4) If the “++” tolerance inner ring fits inside the rollers and you can rotate it without any binding, proceed to step 5. If the “++” inner ring does not fit inside the rollers or feels very tight or rough, work your way “down” the other inner rings (proceed from “++” to “+” to “-“) until you find the perfect fit.
    5) Install the spacer/seal assemblies on each side of the inner ring. Lightly grease the seal surfaces.
    6) Slide the shock (w/installed needle bearing assembly) between the frame mounts and hand tighten the hardware.
    7) While compressing the suspension, properly torque the shock hardware to frame manufacturer’s specification.

  61. #761
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Name:  du_damage500.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  22.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound View Post
    NBKRWC22
    We have NBKRWC2185 and NBKRWC2220. Can you verify if the span is 21.85mm or 22.20mm?

    Also, just want to clarify that a needle bearing setup, even with the properly matched inner ring, will never be as tight a fit as a bushing. There must be enough clearance to allow the needle elements to roll. The needle bearing kits are to improve small bump compliance and prevent wear not only to the DU bushing, but also to rocker arms and frame mounts. Some of the OE bushings are so tight that the reducers rotate at the rocker arms instead of inside the bushing:

  62. #762
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    I have the Giant bearing Tool kit.

    Can I use it to remove the bushing from rock shox rt3 and install the rwc bearing?

  63. #763
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    I have the Giant bearing Tool kit.

    Can I use it to remove the bushing from rock shox rt3 and install the rwc bearing?
    Hi. I'm pretty sure the guides in the Giant tool kit will be for the cartridge bearings in the frame pivots and not sized for the shock eyelets. The proper tools for the job are available here: DU Bushing and Needle Bearing Shock Tool

  64. #764
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    hi chris, i just get an ibis HDR 650, do you provide any stainless steel bearing kit for the upper and lower link?

  65. #765
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    89
    I sent email but didn't hear back after a week. I've turned off my spam filter, so maybe that will help. I thought I'd try getting my questions answered here:

    I'm looking for shock needle bearings and frame pivot bearings for my 2005 Stumpjumper FSR 120.

    I bought the shock needle bearing from you before, and I ordered kit #NBLRWC-1575. I see this number on your web page, but the page doesn't list it for 04-05 Stumpjumpers. I want to be sure to get the right bearing and washers.

    I got frame pivot bearings apparently from distributor BTI, but the box says "Enduro Bearings" and has BK-5615. The part number I see now on the web site for this bike is SBKSPE4. Is this the same kit with a different part #?

    Thanks for you help

  66. #766
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by rodmccrady View Post
    I sent email but didn't hear back after a week. I've turned off my spam filter, so maybe that will help. I thought I'd try getting my questions answered here:

    I'm looking for shock needle bearings and frame pivot bearings for my 2005 Stumpjumper FSR 120.

    I bought the shock needle bearing from you before, and I ordered kit #NBLRWC-1575. I see this number on your web page, but the page doesn't list it for 04-05 Stumpjumpers. I want to be sure to get the right bearing and washers.

    I got frame pivot bearings apparently from distributor BTI, but the box says "Enduro Bearings" and has BK-5615. The part number I see now on the web site for this bike is SBKSPE4. Is this the same kit with a different part #?

    Thanks for you help
    I'm 90% sure this one also takes the NBKRWC1575. There is a very narrow gap in the center of the rear link that the shock slides into. There is only room on each side of the shock for the narrowest of spacers. You should be able to confirm this visually. At RWC we assemble all our own kits so the Enduro SKU numbers don't match and we don't work off of them. Here's what's in our SBKSPE4:

    (4) 6800 MAX
    (2) 6802 MAX
    (4) 688 MAX

    Hope that helps!

  67. #767
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149
    Hi, bringing this thread back from the grave... I've got a 2015 Fuel EX 29 coming to me and am interested in this needle bearing kit. I looked on rwc.com and couldn't find a kit listed.. Is there an option for my bike?

  68. #768
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by crohnsy View Post
    Hi, bringing this thread back from the grave... I've got a 2015 Fuel EX 29 coming to me and am interested in this needle bearing kit. I looked on rwc.com and couldn't find a kit listed.. Is there an option for my bike?
    Looks like that will come with the DRCV shock. As you probably know, that has the auxiliary air chamber on the top and so has special mounting in the rocker arms. That mounting includes bearings at the rocker arm connection, so you do not need any conversion at the top. The bottom mount is "Full Floater" which means the lower mounts are extensions of the chain stays. There is considerable rotation that takes place in the lower mount of the shock, so a kit is recommended for that end. The correct kit would be NBKRWC3988.

  69. #769
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by crohnsy View Post
    Hi, bringing this thread back from the grave... I've got a 2015 Fuel EX 29 coming to me and am interested in this needle bearing kit. I looked on rwc.com and couldn't find a kit listed.. Is there an option for my bike?
    I ordered the kit listed for my bike a couple of years ago, and it just plain didn't fit my bike (it was a Jamis and used a weird bolt set up). I contacted Chris at RWC and he asked me to send him photos and measurements comparing what he sent me to what my bike needed. A few days later he mailed me fittings that he obviously had made custom based on my photos and measurements with a note that said, "Let me know if this works or not." It fit and worked perfectly. Maybe the best customer service I've ever had from any company before or since. Also, the needle bearing made a significant difference. Even more than I was hoping it would. I can't recommend this upgrade highly enough.

  70. #770
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    466
    Hi Chris. Do you know what I need for a specialized enduro s-works 2003? I know it's m6 and m8 bolt size but what about the reducers/spacers length. There's no listing on your website for this bike.

    Any help much appreciated as I want to order the needle hardware upgrade.

  71. #771
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by saga View Post
    Hi Chris. Do you know what I need for a specialized enduro s-works 2003? I know it's m6 and m8 bolt size but what about the reducers/spacers length. There's no listing on your website for this bike.

    Any help much appreciated as I want to order the needle hardware upgrade.
    Hi, Saga:

    NBKRWC2185 for the back end of the shock (mounts right inside the link). I would not change the front mount. Just to be sure, please see if your link-to-shock spacing looks like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enduro shock eye needle bearing kit-03_enduro.jpg  


  72. #772
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3
    Hi Chris
    whats the correct size for my giant reign 2 2012 and the shock is Fox rp2 ? i think it only needs RWC kit body .

  73. #773
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad22 View Post
    Hi Chris
    whats the correct size for my giant reign 2 2012 and the shock is Fox rp2 ? i think it only needs RWC kit body .
    Hi. Please use this thread: Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME

    It's more up to date and actually calls the kit by its proper name (RWC Bearing kit, not Enduro kit).

    But, since you are here, your Reign uses NBKRWC2185. Just the rocker arm end gets changed. The lower part is incorporated in the Maestro system and is part of the link pin.

  74. #774
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Hi guys i have a new dt swiss x313 odl carbon shock, do you know if i can upgrade to the enduro bushing kit? It seens that the dt swiss needs their special bushing kit with the balls joints for prevent the anodized wear coming from lateral torsions

    I have been using the enduro kit in my old monarch rt3 (22.2mm*8mm) and really noticed a better feeling of the suspension when i installed it from the rigid kit

    Any opinions? Thank you in advance

  75. #775
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    19
    Hello, Chris. can you help confirm what kit is needed on a Lapierre Zesty 327 2014 bike? Thanks

  76. #776
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dougal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Kaiser View Post
    Hello, Chris. can you help confirm what kit is needed on a Lapierre Zesty 327 2014 bike? Thanks
    The Zesty runs a yoke and bearings similar (but different) to a Specialized Stumpjumper. It has no rotation at the lower (sideways) shock eyelet and almost none at the top eyelet.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

  77. #777
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Kaiser View Post
    Hello, Chris. can you help confirm what kit is needed on a Lapierre Zesty 327 2014 bike? Thanks
    Please check out my reply to your question on this more relevant thread: Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME Thanks!

  78. #778
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf View Post
    Chris:

    Which kit is needed for a:

    2010 Gary Fisher Superfly 100 w/ Fox Float RP23

    One kit for the bottom eyelet only or both eyelets? Shims required?

    Thanks!
    Shadow Wolf, did you ever end up putting these on your 2010 Gary Fisher Superfly 100? Thinking of trying them out on my son's.

    Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

  79. #779
    it's....
    Reputation: Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,051
    Just serviced the rear linkages on my 5spot and had to replace the RWC bearings with the original bushings.
    The needle bearings were completely rusted frozen.
    Granted they were on there for almost 2 years, but should this have happened?
    How often are you supposed to take it apart and regrease?

  80. #780
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Just serviced the rear linkages on my 5spot and had to replace the RWC bearings with the original bushings.
    The needle bearings were completely rusted frozen.
    Granted they were on there for almost 2 years, but should this have happened?
    How often are you supposed to take it apart and regrease?
    That's pretty rare. If you ride in dry conditions you can easily go two years. If you ride in wet conditions, you would have to establish a schedule through trial and error. Staring say with once a month and extending longer if it looks good. You could also pack with a heavy marine grease for wet riding. The cup and needle roller is available separately for about $6.00 so I hope you did not toss the kit just because the bearing was corroded.

  81. #781
    it's....
    Reputation: Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,051
    I ride in dry condition, so was surprised it was completed rusted with no sign of grease.
    I did toss the whole thing in trash, but maybe I will take it out and give new bearings another go with marine grease.

  82. #782
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I ride in dry condition, so was surprised it was completed rusted with no sign of grease.
    I did toss the whole thing in trash, but maybe I will take it out and give new bearings another go with marine grease.
    Definitely weird. Hard to understand how something can rust without moisture. No pressure washing, right?

  83. #783
    it's....
    Reputation: Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,051
    No, only time I wash my bike is when I wash my car and just use wet brush then rinse off with misty spray.
    Maybe my profuse perspiration leaked down.

  84. #784
    otb club member
    Reputation: Chris2fur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    No, only time I wash my bike is when I wash my car and just use wet brush then rinse off with misty spray.
    Maybe my profuse perspiration leaked down.
    I did not think of that, but it's possible!

  85. #785
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5

    New Manitou shocks may fit the needle bearings.

    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    it will work on any shock that uses the 1/2" (12.7mm) eyelet standard. unfortunately manitou uses 12mm eyelets so no go.
    Apparently, Manitou has capitulated and moved from 12mm to the industry standard imperial half-inch (12.7mm) eye. Newer Manitou shocks (e.g. Radium and McLeod) apparently feature this size eye, so theoretically could be made to work with the needle bearings. (Chris2Fur might be able to confirm).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Members who have read this thread: 41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •