Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Not sure. What was on it? As long as you use one or the other you should be OK. Using nothing would be the worst.
    Something that was white after 4 years of being on the bike.

Maybe I'll use a combo of loctite on the threads and anti-seize on the shoulders...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    According to the Fox database, 45.72mm is the span at the business end. This should do the trick:

1 pcs NBKRWC4374
    2 pcs shim kit SS8X15X0.5
    Thanks Chris2fur.

Also, what do kit do I need for a 2008 Norco Faze 1 with a Fox RP23?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Santa Cruz Blur XC 1.0

Hello,

Could you please tell me which needle bearing kit is compatible with Santa Cruz Blur XC 1.0 with Fox Shock RP3?

For upper and lower part of shock?

On the shock chart most SC bikes, Blur XC 2.0 and LT2 are compatible with NBKRWC2185 but I have Blur XC 1.0.

This is link to Blur XC 1.0 propack if that helps: Santa Cruz Bicycles .

Thanks!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by hameedx View Post
    Thanks Chris2fur.

Also, what do kit do I need for a 2008 Norco Faze 1 with a Fox RP23?
    32.41mm is the rocker arm span. I recommend the following:

1 pcs NBKRWC30
    3 pcs shim kit SS8x15x0.5

Try 2 shim kits first and test the fit. If there is noticeable space, attempt to add the 3rd set of shims. If the third set won't fit, go with the 2 sets. Load the suspension and torque the hardware down. Be sure the rocker arms have been drawn in tightly toward each other, capturing the needle bearing assembly.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by purple dog View Post
    Hello,

Could you please tell me which needle bearing kit is compatible with Santa Cruz Blur XC 1.0 with Fox Shock RP3?
    We do not have a kit for the XC 1. There are many factors making the conversion a bit of a nightmare. First, it uses 3/8" hardware. This, in and of itself is not so hard to overcome. However, on top of that, the seat stay bearings, swing link, and shock eyelet converge on a single point.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    We do not have a kit for the XC 1. There are many factors making the conversion a bit of a nightmare. First, it uses 3/8" hardware. This, in and of itself is not so hard to overcome. However, on top of that, the seat stay bearings, swing link, and shock eyelet converge on a single point.
    Ah. I am sorry to hear that.
    But thanks for the fast reply!

Best regards!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Chris,

Do you have a needle bearing kit for a 2007 Gary Fisher Fat Possum w/ a Manitou Swinger X3?

I have a set of Enduro seals on the Fox Float RL fork and they are great.

Nerdy Jock
    Jun 2008
    Chris,

Is NBKRWC2185 the correct part for a 2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70? I have a Fox RP3.

Also, does one needle bearing conversion kit replace both the bushing AND the reducer?

Thanks
    Current bike: Rocky Mountain ETS-X 70

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaner123 View Post
    Chris,

Is NBKRWC2185 the correct part for a 2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70? I have a Fox RP3.

Also, does one needle bearing conversion kit replace both the bushing AND the reducer?

Thanks
    Yes, that is the correct kit for the upper (rocker arm) end. It takes the place of the DU bushing and the reducers. You just reuse the bolt (in this case the QR, if so equipped).

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by qdiggety View Post
    Chris,

Do you have a needle bearing kit for a 2007 Gary Fisher Fat Possum w/ a Manitou Swinger X3?

I have a set of Enduro seals on the Fox Float RL fork and they are great.
    We show the rear swing arm mount as 40mm. However, unless the Manitou shock is 2011 or later, the eyelet bore will be too small for our needle bearing kit.

mtbr member
    Hey Chris. I bought the new set for the HD with the rp23 about 6-8 months ago when the new bearing came out. I am starting to feel some play in it now. I have a feeling it will get worse. Is there an even new strong bearing out for this? And if I switch out my rp23 for something different, like a Cane Creek or Monarch, will these fit?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Hey Chris. I bought the new set for the HD with the rp23 about 6-8 months ago when the new bearing came out. I am starting to feel some play in it now. I have a feeling it will get worse. Is there an even new strong bearing out for this? And if I switch out my rp23 for something different, like a Cane Creek or Monarch, will these fit?
    If there was no play initially, then the tolerance is OK. The needle bearings don't wear down with time. Likely you just need to pack in more grease and spin the inner ring around a few times. CC shocks don't match the Fox spec, but the Monarch does.

mtbr member
    Ok, yeah the play was not there before. I didn't even notice it till when the bike shop lifted the rear seat and I put my finger on the rear bearing, and I could feel the play. I would have felt it later on, but I do know when the shop put them in, there was no play. I was thinking of getting the push monarch for the HD. How about x-fusion or bos vipr? I will ride it like it is, but if it gets worse I will contact you.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Ok, yeah the play was not there before. I didn't even notice it till when the bike shop lifted the rear seat and I put my finger on the rear bearing, and I could feel the play. I would have felt it later on, but I do know when the shop put them in, there was no play. I was thinking of getting the push monarch for the HD. How about x-fusion or bos vipr? I will ride it like it is, but if it gets worse I will contact you.
    Well, like I said, you should repack with grease. The last two years of X-Fusion shocks should be compatible. The ones before 2011 I think were 14mm instead of 15mm. I think the BOS eyelets are also a smaller bore.

mtbr member
    Hi Chris, many thanks for sending out a replacement needle bearing and inner ring. The fit is much better with minimal play, when I say minimal..enough to slide the inner ring in
    great customer service..
    I knocked up this simple little tool on the mill today, which uses a M10 bolt..now I don't need to remove my shock everytime..

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    A quick question. I'm running the needle bearing kits on my Ibis Mojo front and back and noticed I have a bit of play. so I swapped out the rear inner sleeve, but when doing this I noticed that while the shock was still attached to the bike there was sideways play in the front - in that, I could wiggle the shock side to side. The play I had is still there, but does not appear to be coming from the rear (I can not see any movement there).

Is this sideways movement usual? I would of thought with the bolts tightened up correctly there would be no sideways movement, but maybe the spacers allow this.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldigger View Post
    Hi Chris, many thanks for sending out a replacement needle bearing and inner ring. The fit is much better with minimal play, when I say minimal..enough to slide the inner ring in
    great customer service..
    I knocked up this simple little tool on the mill today, which uses a M10 bolt..now I don't need to remove my shock everytime..
    Very nice!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreednya View Post
    A quick question. I'm running the needle bearing kits on my Ibis Mojo front and back and noticed I have a bit of play. so I swapped out the rear inner sleeve, but when doing this I noticed that while the shock was still attached to the bike there was sideways play in the front - in that, I could wiggle the shock side to side. The play I had is still there, but does not appear to be coming from the rear (I can not see any movement there).

Is this sideways movement usual? I would of thought with the bolts tightened up correctly there would be no sideways movement, but maybe the spacers allow this.
    Yes, normal for two reasons:
    1) the roller elements can shift when you do this
    2) the seals have some give to them

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks Chris ) - hadn't noticed a loss in performance so guessed they were fine

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Chris2fur,

I have a Superfly 100 Pro which is now giving out a little squeak as I ride it with the stock bushings. I am hoping the needle bearings will fix this. I am asking my local shop to get in the tools and parts to do this....do you have some contact info where they could contact you guys and set something up?

-r

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by oclvframe View Post
    Chris2fur,

I have a Superfly 100 Pro which is now giving out a little squeak as I ride it with the stock bushings. I am hoping the needle bearings will fix this. I am asking my local shop to get in the tools and parts to do this....do you have some contact info where they could contact you guys and set something up?

-r
    Sure, our email is info@enduroforkseals.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    chris, sent you a PM and a email a long while ago regarding purchasing other colored spacers, is this possible if i want to mix/match the spacers on my bike?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    no response to this chris?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by darnelli View Post
    no response to this chris?
    Sorry! Just sent you a PM.

derp
    Hi,

Really interested in this but looked in the shock chart and couldn't find my frame. Is it possible to use these on a 2006/07 Cannondale Rush ( Fox RP3 ) ?

Dirt Bike Craig
    Hi Chris! I've installed the needle bearing kit on both ends of my shock with the larger size sleeve to get the tightest fit but Im experiencing a slight bit of play when fully assembled.

Any ideas?

Craig from Phoenix
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    Hi Chris! I've installed the needle bearing kit on both ends of my shock with the larger size sleeve to get the tightest fit but Im experiencing a slight bit of play when fully assembled.

Any ideas?

Craig from Phoenix
    Hi, Craig: What frame and what shock?

Dirt Bike Craig
    Santa Cruz Nickel with Fox RP23
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsilva View Post
    Hi,

Really interested in this but looked in the shock chart and couldn't find my frame. Is it possible to use these on a 2006/07 Cannondale Rush ( Fox RP3 ) ?
    Best I can tell, the rear shock mounting span is 37.59 and uses an 8mm bolt. So, you would need:

1 pcs NBKRWC3556 (RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS)
    2 pcs Shim Kit SS8x15x0.5 (STAINLESS STEEL SHIMS FOR NEEDLE BEARING KIT NBKRWC40)

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    Santa Cruz Nickel with Fox RP23
    OK, so 2 NBKRWC2185 kits. Send me an email with your order info and I'll send you a couple of "++" tolerance inner rings (yep, up a notch in OD from the "+" tolerance). We just got them in.

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

2001 Klein Mantra

I've got a 2001 Klein Mantra without a shock and my LBS is referring me to a metal shop to have reducers made for a Manitou Swinger SPV shock because Trek no longer has the parts. Shock is probably from 2005 or 06...I've also got a Vanilla coil that will fit, but also w/o reducers...I see the 2001 Mantra on the website, so I'm hopeful, but wanted to check here.

Got anything to help the old girl?

Thanks, GNR

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by GNR View Post
    I've got a 2001 Klein Mantra without a shock and my LBS is referring me to a metal shop to have reducers made for a Manitou Swinger SPV shock because Trek no longer has the parts. Shock is probably from 2005 or 06...I've also got a Vanilla coil that will fit, but also w/o reducers...I see the 2001 Mantra on the website, so I'm hopeful, but wanted to check here.

Got anything to help the old girl?

Thanks, GNR
    First off, the older Manitou shock is out for use with our kit. The Vanilla is a go. Your frame is in the database as having 21.85mm mounting spans at each end. I'm not sure how much shock eye rotation takes place at either end. Our NBKRWC2185 would work at each end (2 kits required). However, if one end is relatively static it would be cheaper for you to just get a Fox hardware kit for that end. Do you have the mounting bolts?

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Mantra

Nope, bolts are long gone as well.

I'm not really sure how much rotation happens at either end really, but the way my LBS was talking, they didn't think Fox would be much help in getting hardware for the frame either.

I figure even if the needle bearings are overkill for the design, I'll be riding it instead to looking at it hanging on the well.

Thanks for the help.

otb club member
    Nope, bolts are long gone as well.

I'm not really sure how much rotation happens at either end really, but the way my LBS was talking, they didn't think Fox would be much help in getting hardware for the frame either.

I figure even if the needle bearings are overkill for the design, I'll be riding it instead to looking at it hanging on the well.

Thanks for the help.
    If the Fox database is correct, you need Fox part number 803-03-000 for each end. That's a standard 2-piece reducer kit. If the Vanilla already has bushings in it, you will only need to come up with your own 6mm bolts. Those reducer kits are readily available online for around $10.00.

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Got the kits for $8. $2 bolts at the hardware...much cheaper and works perfectly. Thanks for the selfless help.

otb club member
    Got the kits for $8. $2 bolts at the hardware...much cheaper and works perfectly. Thanks for the selfless help.
    Cool! Glad that worked out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

RWC Needle bearing play problem

Chris
    I got 2 of these bearings for my Rize and somehow between the needle bearing and the inner ring there is play even when i installed the + tolerance ring do you have a ++ version of the inner ring or what do you suggest me to do

Order RWC-201202090631-000825‏
    Order RWC-201205131022-522525

thanks

Sagnak
    Last edited by Sagnak; 08-11-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Extra information on same post

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagnak View Post
    Chris
    I got 2 of these bearings for my Rize and somehow between the needle bearing and the inner ring there is play even when i installed the + tolerance ring do you have a ++ version of the inner ring or what do you suggest me to do

Order RWC-201202090631-000825‏
    Order RWC-201205131022-522525

thanks

Sagnak
    Yes, we now have "++" tolerance inner rings for the 22.20mm kits. I will provide details to you via email. For general information, the 21.85 and 22.20 kits are all shipping with 3 inner rings now ("-" "+" and "++").

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Chris,
    I emailed you a while back with regards to having play in my shock kits which are both 21.85mm. You spoke of the '++' inners and kindly emailed me once they were in production to which I replied with what I required, since then I have had no reply, even after a second email. I'm contacting you through this forum just incase my emails are not being received as your customer service is excellent. Have the '++' inners for my kits been produced yet, as the play in both ends has worsened a little?

Regards,
    Russel.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruscle View Post
    Chris,
    I emailed you a while back with regards to having play in my shock kits which are both 21.85mm. You spoke of the '++' inners and kindly emailed me once they were in production to which I replied with what I required, since then I have had no reply, even after a second email. I'm contacting you through this forum just incase my emails are not being received as your customer service is excellent. Have the '++' inners for my kits been produced yet, as the play in both ends has worsened a little?

Regards,
    Russel.
    Hi, Russel: Can you please send me PM with your email address so I can search it? Must have missed it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    No worries, will do.
    Regards,
    Russel.

I'd rather be riding!
    Chris,
    I have the NBKRWC40 and NBKRWC22 kits on my Trek TF69er and love them! However they don't add enough bling to be noticed since I bought them in basic black. Can I purchase just the spacers without the bearings with a different color anodizing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have used the NBKRWC2185 kit with DHX Air on Nomad Carbon. Does anyone know if that same kit works with Vivid Air or CCDB Air on NomadC?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Thanks to RWC Chris

Yes, we now have "++" tolerance inner rings for the 22.20mm kits. I will provide details to you via email. For general information, the 21.85 and 22.20 kits are all shipping with 3 inner rings now ("-" "+" and "++").
    Chris

thank you for sending me the ++ rings as i have just received installed and tried them they're excellent and made everything how its supposed to be.
    thank you again

Sagnak

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mehukatti View Post
    I have used the NBKRWC2185 kit with DHX Air on Nomad Carbon. Does anyone know if that same kit works with Vivid Air or CCDB Air on NomadC?
    Sorry--missed this post. It's a go on the Vivid. The CC shocks are not a match (shock eyelet bore different).

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagnak View Post
    Chris

thank you for sending me the ++ rings as i have just received installed and tried them they're excellent and made everything how its supposed to be.
    thank you again

Sagnak
    Great! Thanks for the follow-up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hi Chris,
    Received my ++ inner ring late last week and installed them yesterday. They are now perfect and everything feels solid. Great service.
    Regards,
    Russel.

lamer
    I think I read somewhere that PUSH prefers bushings over needle bearings, but does anyone know if they will push in these bearings if requested if you send a kit along with your shock?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Anyone know if these will fit the eyelets on a cane creek shock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by herb1234 View Post
    Anyone know if these will fit the eyelets on a cane creek shock?
    Sorry--missed this post. It's a go on the Vivid. The CC shocks are not a match (shock eyelet bore different).
    They don't.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruscle View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Received my ++ inner ring late last week and installed them yesterday. They are now perfect and everything feels solid. Great service.
    Regards,
    Russel.
    Great! Thanks for the report!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by llamma View Post
    I think I read somewhere that PUSH prefers bushings over needle bearings, but does anyone know if they will push in these bearings if requested if you send a kit along with your shock?
    Pretty sure they will. We have supplied PUSH with extra needle roller elements to replace those that sometimes fall out during shipping, so they are familiar with them.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip453 View Post
    sucky, i have 10x30 hardware..
    What is the application?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hey Chris2fur. Did a search in this thread for the Legend and I got nothing so what size do I need for my Banshee Legend with a Manitou Revox rear shock? Thanks

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Simmonds_101 View Post
    Hey Chris2fur. Did a search in this thread for the Legend and I got nothing so what size do I need for my Banshee Legend with a Manitou Revox rear shock? Thanks
    What year is your shock? If it is 2011 or newer, then our kits will work. If it is 2010 or older, it won't. The correct kit (if the shock year is OK) is NBKRWC2220. The same kit fits both ends of the shock. The rear mount will benefit greatly from the upgrade to the needle bearing system. I'm not sure how much rotation there is at the front end of the shock. I suggest cycling the suspension as deeply as you can while observing the front of the shock. If there is no real rotation taking place at the front end, the upgrade would only be cosmetic at that end.

mtbr member
    Is there any other way people outside the US, I'm on Europe, can get ahold on your products without having to import directly from you guys. Don't get me wrong there is no major problem with it. However if there was a way for us small costumers to avoid the possibility of having to deal with customs and their delays it would be sweet. Especially because most countries do their checks based on declared values and your products usually start up around 30$. Orders with more objects and the value goes up easily augmenting the possibility of having to pay further importation taxes...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I had to pay near £100 for a pair of these kits due to UK import taxes but would pay it again as definately worth every penny. You do feel a little cheated by customs as they probably make more than Chris does, especially when they charge you £11 for telling you that they are stinging you extra!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey Chri2fur,

I have a 2011 Norco range 2 with a rs monarch rt3.3 rear shock, looking at getting the needle bearing kit but didn't notice my frame/shock combo on your website. Would you be able to inform me of what i need?

Thanks.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubb View Post
    Hey Chri2fur,

I have a 2011 Norco range 2 with a rs monarch rt3.3 rear shock, looking at getting the needle bearing kit but didn't notice my frame/shock combo on your website. Would you be able to inform me of what i need?

Thanks.
    The upper rocker mount takes our NBKRWC4115. The lower mount is mostly stationary, so to change it would be only cosmetic. That span should be 23.88mm, so, if you wanted to do it, you would need the NBKRWC2185 plus two shim kits.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the reply Chris. So i don't need any shims for the upper mount? The two shim kits you spoke of are for the lower mount only?

otb club member
    Right. NBKRWC4115 is a match for the top. No shims needed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ok Great. Thanks for your help Chris.

Also would you be able to find the bearings needed to upgrade the rear suspension linkage to the max bearings? Norco did have a spec sheet but has since removed it from their website? This again is for the Range 2.

otb club member
    Ok Great. Thanks for your help Chris.

Also would you be able to find the bearings needed to upgrade the rear suspension linkage to the max bearings? Norco did have a spec sheet but has since removed it from their website? This again is for the Range 2.
    I will see if I can track those bearing numbers down.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks Chris. It really sucks Norco pulled that sheet it listed all frame specs with bearing and hardware info. I don't really want to pull my bike apart until i have the bearings to replace them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I will see if I can track those bearing numbers down.
    Hey Chris, just wondering if you have had any luck getting those bearing numbers?

Thanks

otb club member
    Hey Chris, just wondering if you have had any luck getting those bearing numbers?

Thanks
    No. The contact info on their site only allows questions about the website. I tried it anyway, but received a form email stating that any tech questions had to be directed through a local dealer. You may need to tear it down and provide measurements (unless the place you bought it will provide the info). If you provide us the data, we will supply the bearings at no charge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    No. The contact info on their site only allows questions about the website. I tried it anyway, but received a form email stating that any tech questions had to be directed through a local dealer. You may need to tear it down and provide measurements (unless the place you bought it will provide the info). If you provide us the data, we will supply the bearings at no charge.

Ok, I will ask my LBS they should get the info for me. So what your telling me is that i don't have to pay for the bearings for the rear suspension pivot points? Thanks so much for the help Chris.

Cubb

mtbr remember
    Chris, after just a quick browse of this thread, it appears you don't have a kit to fit the Cane Creek Cloud Nine shock bore diameter...??? Is this true?

Anyone know what the bore ID is? Smaller or larger than a Fox Float?
    Anything that could be possibly done to modify one of these kits to fit CC?

I have a CC Cloud 9 on my Iron Horse Azure and I love it! But, I am beginning to develop quite a bit of play in the rear shaft bushing and need a replacement. This is how I came across this RWC needle bearing kit (have purchased several other things from RWC in past with great success, too!), and I was extremely excited to order one for my application... that is until coming across this thread.

any help here is much appreciated!
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey Chris, Received my needle bearing kit a couple weeks ago and the bike feels awesome with it installed. I did find the bearing sizes needed for the range so you guys can make a kit. Is the offer still up that you will provide the bearings at no charge? Here are the bearing numbers

QTY
    BB Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 15*28*7 (6902) 2
    Horst Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 8*22*7 (608) 2
    SS/Linkarm Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 8*22*7 (608) 2
    Main Linkarm Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 12*28*8 (6001) 2

Thanks

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI View Post
    Chris, after just a quick browse of this thread, it appears you don't have a kit to fit the Cane Creek Cloud Nine shock bore diameter...??? Is this true?

Anyone know what the bore ID is? Smaller or larger than a Fox Float?
    Anything that could be possibly done to modify one of these kits to fit CC?

I have a CC Cloud 9 on my Iron Horse Azure and I love it! But, I am beginning to develop quite a bit of play in the rear shaft bushing and need a replacement. This is how I came across this RWC needle bearing kit (have purchased several other things from RWC in past with great success, too!), and I was extremely excited to order one for my application... that is until coming across this thread.

any help here is much appreciated!

???
    ...never received a reply from my direct email neither...
    Schralp it Heavy.

otb club member
    Hey Chris, Received my needle bearing kit a couple weeks ago and the bike feels awesome with it installed. I did find the bearing sizes needed for the range so you guys can make a kit. Is the offer still up that you will provide the bearings at no charge? Here are the bearing numbers

QTY
    BB Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 15*28*7 (6902) 2
    Horst Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 8*22*7 (608) 2
    SS/Linkarm Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 8*22*7 (608) 2
    Main Linkarm Pivot Bearing [ID*OD*W mm] 12*28*8 (6001) 2

Thanks
    Sure, just place an order for them and add a note or follow up with an email and we'll take care of it.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI View Post
    ???
    ...never received a reply from my direct email neither...
    Could not ever find anything definitive on the Cloud 9 eyelet spec. However, I'm not hopeful. The DB line has two different bore sizes and neither is compatible. One standard is 14.7mm and the other is right around 16mm.

You could always measure it, if you really want to know...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just placed an order in for the bearings. I sent a follow up email and tagged the order as well.

Thanks Chris.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Gettin mine next week

I ordered the kit with a 21.85mm span...that will fit the 2011 specialized enduro correct?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by leiito View Post
    Gettin mine next week

I ordered the kit with a 21.85mm span...that will fit the 2011 specialized enduro correct?
    No, my friend. That frame uses a clevis at the rear shock mount. No rotation takes place within the shock eyelet. The rotation is transferred to the bearings at the other end of the clevis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enduro shock eye needle bearing kit-enduro_clevis.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    No, my friend. That frame uses a clevis at the rear shock mount. No rotation takes place within the shock eyelet. The rotation is transferred to the bearings at the other end of the clevis.
    Ah yes, but I'm replacing the DU bushing that went bad on the other end XD... not a whole lot of rotation there either but I wanted to try something different. I was told that measurement was the correct one for the eyelet that bolts up to the top tube... part number NBKRWC2185

otb club member
    Ah yes, but I'm replacing the DU bushing that went bad on the other end XD... not a whole lot of rotation there either but I wanted to try something different. I was told that measurement was the correct one for the eyelet that bolts up to the top tube... part number NBKRWC2185
    I'm surprised to hear that the DU went bad at the other end. Does that end of the shock pivot near the end of the stroke or something? Anyway, glad you understood about the clevis. We have had people try and buy needle bearings for the clevis end!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Is there any hope of my successfully installing the needle bearing without the press tools?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm surprised to hear that the DU went bad at the other end. Does that end of the shock pivot near the end of the stroke or something? Anyway, glad you understood about the clevis. We have had people try and buy needle bearings for the clevis end!
    The bushing Push put in did not fit quite right. It had too much play even with the bolt torqued to spec. They're sending replacements but i figured I'd try these out. The shock does pivot a tiny bit but not a significant amount. I hope the kit i ordered fits lol. Thanks.

otb club member
    The bushing Push put in did not fit quite right. It had too much play even with the bolt torqued to spec. They're sending replacements but i figured I'd try these out. The shock does pivot a tiny bit but not a significant amount. I hope the kit i ordered fits lol. Thanks.
    Let me know if it doesn't.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Is there any hope of my successfully installing the needle bearing without the press tools?
    Ive successfully done it without their tools, but I also have an Arbor Press

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    Ive successfully done it without their tools, but I also have an Arbor Press
    Yes, it can definitely be done. It's just that if misalignment occurs at the wrong time, the cup that holds the needle roller elements can get distorted. The pilot part of the tool keeps that from happening.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Well, I finally got it installed and rode a while. In case anyone is wondering, the needle bearings really don't make a difference in the Enduro lol. I'm sure it's an excellent product but there really isn't enough pivoting where the shock bolts up to the top tube to notice a difference. Oh well, at least I got rid of that play. Thanks Chris

otb club member
    Well, I finally got it installed and rode a while. In case anyone is wondering, the needle bearings really don't make a difference in the Enduro lol. I'm sure it's an excellent product but there really isn't enough pivoting where the shock bolts up to the top tube to notice a difference. Oh well, at least I got rid of that play. Thanks Chris
    Well at least the play is gone, so that's one positive outcome. We have talked several people out of getting the kits for that frame, but usually the intention was for the back end where the clevis is (which makes even less sense). There was a customer who called us about his local shop trying to sell him a kit for the clevis end. That was pretty fishy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    There was a customer who called us about his local shop trying to sell him a kit for the clevis end. That was pretty fishy.
    Some people... Thanks for being honest about it from the start.

mtbr member
    As much as I love my Fox suspension I am totally unimpressed with their DU bushing system and the fact that it has taken them this long to figure out that a bronze dry lube bushing and aluminum reducers aren't the best mates for a pivot joint!
    I just installed my RWC needle bearing setup on my 2010 Trek Fuel EX9 and am completely elated by the smoothness of my suspension now. I went out for a 7 mile night ride in cold & muddy darkness on my familiar trails and just love how my suspension tracks through the rocks, bumps, logs and slick mud.

I do have a question for Chris2fur though. I received the roller bearing inserts marked "++"; "+" & "-" and I understand how to fit them. However the "++" is tight and causes the bearing to index when rolling, the "+" fits nice and the "-" is just too slack. So I installed the "+" and on my ride I still notice a bit of creaking that I heard when my DU bushing was wearing out. Do I need to install the "++" and then expect it to "break-in"? I greased it as recommended & I do have the bolt torqued to Mfgr spec, so I am thinking that the "++" & break-in is the answer....

In any event, I recommend the RWC needle bearings to anyone with a 2012 or earlier DU Bushing setup. I understand Fox has their new 2013 polymer bushing setup but it is on back order with no estimated date of arrival and I've never been a believer in bushing technology anyway,
    2010 Fuel EX9: Eat Paleo, Feel Great!
    Dirt is Natural, Pavement is Un-natural, Stay Dirty My Friends!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hi chris, i love your bearing set, but seems like my Santa cruz TRc can't found in model chart. i like to buy shock needle bearing and pivot suspension Enduro MAX bearing. can you please help me up?btw: i sent a mail to enduro already. regards

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutbert View Post
    ...So I installed the "+" and on my ride I still notice a bit of creaking that I heard when my DU bushing was wearing out. Do I need to install the "++" and then expect it to "break-in"? I greased it as recommended & I do have the bolt torqued to Mfgr spec, so I am thinking that the "++" & break-in is the answer....
    Thanks for the very positive report on the improved performance. As for your question, I think you have the right inner ring already selected. If you can pick up the bike by the seat and feel no play, I would call that good. I don't like the way you described the "indexing" with the "++" inner ring. That sounds a bit on the tight side to me. I'm not sure what to tell you about the creaking you described. That's not a sound normally expected from our needle bearing kits. Even if you had installed the "-" inner ring and had a loose fit, you would feel some play, but I would not expect creaking. I wonder if something else might be producing the sound.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by future9398 View Post
    hi chris, i love your bearing set, but seems like my Santa cruz TRc can't found in model chart. i like to buy shock needle bearing and pivot suspension Enduro MAX bearing. can you please help me up?btw: i sent a mail to enduro already. regards
    We need to add that to the chart! Santa Cruz has been very consistent with shock mounting hardware sizes for the last couple of years. The NBKRWC2185 is the correct kit for the swing link end of the shock. It fits the other end, too, but that end has very little rotation so changing it would be more for cosmetic purposes than any real performance gain.

I'm not sure on the pivot bearings! Don't have that one in our database yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks chris. how about the VPP bearing kit for TRc? do RWC got this part of replacement?

otb club member
    thanks chris. how about the VPP bearing kit for TRc? do RWC got this part of replacement?
    If you have the zerk fitting for greasing the bearings, those bearings should be the 7902-1ZS-MAX. They have a metal shield on one side and are open on the other size. We have them available individually on this page: ENDURO MAX BEARINGS: ULTIMATE SUSPENSION PIVOT BEARINGS!

mtbr member

Creaking needle bearings

Thanks for the very positive report on the improved performance. As for your question, I think you have the right inner ring already selected. If you can pick up the bike by the seat and feel no play, I would call that good. I don't like the way you described the "indexing" with the "++" inner ring. That sounds a bit on the tight side to me. I'm not sure what to tell you about the creaking you described. That's not a sound normally expected from our needle bearing kits. Even if you had installed the "-" inner ring and had a loose fit, you would feel some play, but I would not expect creaking. I wonder if something else might be producing the sound.
    Chris, I checked it further today. turns out a little grime inside my seat post/clamp assembly that was causing the creaking. Sorry for that, I thought I had it perfectly clean. Still a happy customer with the needle bearings and my Enduro fork seals!
    2010 Fuel EX9: Eat Paleo, Feel Great!
    Dirt is Natural, Pavement is Un-natural, Stay Dirty My Friends!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutbert View Post
    Chris, I checked it further today. turns out a little grime inside my seat post/clamp assembly that was causing the creaking. Sorry for that, I thought I had it perfectly clean. Still a happy customer with the needle bearings and my Enduro fork seals!
    Ha-ha. Those creaks are hard to track down, but they often end up seatpost/saddle related. Glad all is sorted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks, chris. i got my answer. my friend's Specialized Camber Expert 2012 , also not found in RWC chart . may i ask you what model of needle bearing kit should him buy for his shock?
    regards

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks chris, i got my answer. my friend's Specialized Camber Expert 2012 also found in RWC chart. may i ask you what model of needle bearing kit should he buy for his shock?
    regards

mtbr member
    To anyone in the know regarding replacing the DU with the RWC needle bearing:

I know RWC makes tools for replacing extracting the DU and pressing in the needle bearing, but do most machine shops have the right piloted fitting to press the bearing in, or would they likely be "winging it", albeit with a fancy press??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noclutch View Post
    To anyone in the know regarding replacing the DU with the RWC needle bearing:

I know RWC makes tools for replacing extracting the DU and pressing in the needle bearing, but do most machine shops have the right piloted fitting to press the bearing in, or would they likely be "winging it", albeit with a fancy press??
    If a machine shop can't sort that out, then they aren't much of a machine shop. All the good ones do far more complicated fitments most days.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

otb club member
    thanks, chris. i got my answer. my friend's Specialized Camber Expert 2012 , also not found in RWC chart . may i ask you what model of needle bearing kit should him buy for his shock?
    regards
    Sorry! Forgot I hadn't answered this... I'm pretty sure you need the NBKRWC1575 for the rear (chainstay) shock mount. 99% sure and am in the process of verifying to eliminate the 1% of doubt.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    If a machine shop can't sort that out, then they aren't much of a machine shop. All the good ones do far more complicated fitments most days.
    Yeah, what he said. Noclutch, definitely save on the tools if they are doing the job for you.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies Chris and Dougal- I don't anticipate doing this often at all, and the LBS's in my (red)neck of the woods probably have never replaced a DU, let alone with a bearing ( they send out air chamber services....), thus I was considering a machine shop.But if their minimum labor charge is too much I guess I be placing another order to Chris.

I found in my garage a 14.86 mm OD socket (a 10mm KTM tool pack hex drive for the motoheads out there) that would be fine? for the DU extraction, but would still need the right tool/fitting or someone else to press in the bearing without goobering it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast