Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    for those who consider buy bearing from RWC, here is the reply from them via email.

Hi, Hiew:

No, we will send them to you free of charge. It’s our mistake. We will correct the database and change the kit as well.

Best regards,

Chris Streeter

Real World Cycling, LLC

]
    (very responsibility of after sales service) thanks Chris.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethepoolman View Post

It looks like your replacement part is NBKRWC1575.

Please help. Do I have any alternatives (and yes, a newer bike is in my future but I've got to get this working first)?
    We sold a bunch of that size over the weekend. We will have more in stock today or tomorrow.

mtbr member
    I think I love you.
    ...I just pedal

mtbr member
    Thanks Chris. I'll keep checking back for stock and order a couple.
    And, do I need the shims with my setup?
    ...I just pedal

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethepoolman View Post
    Thanks Chris. I'll keep checking back for stock and order a couple.
    And, do I need the shims with my setup?
    Back in stock and no shims should be required for your application. Thanks for your patience!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Chris:

Which kit is needed for a:

2010 Gary Fisher Superfly 100 w/ Fox Float RP23

One kit for the bottom eyelet only or both eyelets? Shims required?

Thanks!

on my 3rd wind...
    Chris,

I just got installing one of your needle bearing kit that I had bought when it first came out two or three years ago. Back then I had bought it for different bike but I removed it when I noticed the play from needle bearing kit when I pick the bike up with saddle. I just reinstalled the Fox DU bushing setup since it was new and didnt have any play. Back then I was following this thread I remember you mentioning to others with similar issue that the play in needle bearing kit is normal. Is this true today? Today I just installed that kit on 2012 El Guapo on the lower shock mount and again there is play there which I didnt have with Rock Shox DU bushing/reducer setup that I removed. I really want to give this thing a chance but play is very annoying and feels just like worn DU bushing. Btw, I have tried contacting via phone # and email from your web site and I never a response.
    sth

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound View Post
    Chris,

I just got installing one of your needle bearing kit that I had bought when it first came out two or three years ago. Back then I had bought it for different bike but I removed it when I noticed the play from needle bearing kit when I pick the bike up with saddle....
    When the kits first came out, they included one inner ring (hardened axle that goes in the needle bearing). The kits now include 3 inner rings of varying outside diameters. That info is in this thread, but it's getting to be rather long, so you'd really have to comb through to find it. Each shock has a slight variation in eyelet bore diameter due to machining tolerances. The needle bearing cup gets compressed a little more in some applications, a little less in others. Having the three inner rings lets you dial-in the fit after you have pressed the bearing in. All you really need is a complete set of the inner rings and use the one that fits best. Which kit do you have?

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Which kit do you have?
    NBKRWC22

Shock lower mounting bolt is M8 so I using the metal inner ring which seems to be perfect fit for the bolt. There is another inner ring inside the package which I am not using. It seems to be made out of hard plastic...my guess it is for M6 bolt?

Anyways the one I have only came with two inner sleeves (as mentioned above), needle bearing, and two spacers with your company logo "RWC".

I also have two other needle bearing kit (2 quantities of NBKRWC40) I bought around the same time but those also have so much play I took them right back out.

Yes trying to comb through 30 pages is bit overwhelming.
    sth

otb club member
    NBKRWC22

Shock lower mounting bolt is M8 so I using the metal inner ring which seems to be perfect fit for the bolt. There is another inner ring inside the package which I am not using. It seems to be made out of hard plastic...my guess it is for M6 bolt?

Anyways the one I have only came with two inner sleeves (as mentioned above), needle bearing, and two spacers with your company logo "RWC".

I also have two other needle bearing kit (2 quantities of NBKRWC40) I bought around the same time but those also have so much play I took them right back out.

Yes trying to comb through 30 pages is bit overwhelming.
    When talking about needle bearings, the "axle" is called the Inner Ring. This is what the needle rollers contact. The only "sleeve" we used is the "reducer sleeve" to run with a 6mm bolt. I'm only clarifying because if you call the inner ring a "sleeve" we won't be communicating clearly with each other.

So, the tolerances we are talking about only have to do with the fit inside the bearing where the needle rollers contact the inner ring. The bolt fit really is not a toleranced fit. This is because the job of the bolt is to pull the mounting members together to clamp down on the inner ring. In other words, properly torqueing the bolt makes the rocker arms and the inner ring one unit. The bolt does not bear the shear load.

Here are the instructions to make it clear how the inner rings are used:

1) Remove DU Bushing from shock eyelet.
    2) Install cup and needle roller assembly into shock eye using proper installation tool.
    3) Carefully guide the “++” tolerance inner ring into the installed needle bearing.
    4) If the “++” tolerance inner ring fits inside the rollers and you can rotate it without any binding, proceed to step 5. If the “++” inner ring does not fit inside the rollers or feels very tight or rough, work your way “down” the other inner rings (proceed from “++” to “+” to “-“) until you find the perfect fit.
    5) Install the spacer/seal assemblies on each side of the inner ring. Lightly grease the seal surfaces.
    6) Slide the shock (w/installed needle bearing assembly) between the frame mounts and hand tighten the hardware.
    7) While compressing the suspension, properly torque the shock hardware to frame manufacturer’s specification.

otb club member
    Name:  du_damage500.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  22.4 KB
    NBKRWC22
    We have NBKRWC2185 and NBKRWC2220. Can you verify if the span is 21.85mm or 22.20mm?

Also, just want to clarify that a needle bearing setup, even with the properly matched inner ring, will never be as tight a fit as a bushing. There must be enough clearance to allow the needle elements to roll. The needle bearing kits are to improve small bump compliance and prevent wear not only to the DU bushing, but also to rocker arms and frame mounts. Some of the OE bushings are so tight that the reducers rotate at the rocker arms instead of inside the bushing:

mtbr member
    I have the Giant bearing Tool kit.

Can I use it to remove the bushing from rock shox rt3 and install the rwc bearing?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    I have the Giant bearing Tool kit.

Can I use it to remove the bushing from rock shox rt3 and install the rwc bearing?
    Hi. I'm pretty sure the guides in the Giant tool kit will be for the cartridge bearings in the frame pivots and not sized for the shock eyelets. The proper tools for the job are available here: DU Bushing and Needle Bearing Shock Tool

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hi chris, i just get an ibis HDR 650, do you provide any stainless steel bearing kit for the upper and lower link?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I sent email but didn't hear back after a week. I've turned off my spam filter, so maybe that will help. I thought I'd try getting my questions answered here:

I'm looking for shock needle bearings and frame pivot bearings for my 2005 Stumpjumper FSR 120.

I bought the shock needle bearing from you before, and I ordered kit #NBLRWC-1575. I see this number on your web page, but the page doesn't list it for 04-05 Stumpjumpers. I want to be sure to get the right bearing and washers.

I got frame pivot bearings apparently from distributor BTI, but the box says "Enduro Bearings" and has BK-5615. The part number I see now on the web site for this bike is SBKSPE4. Is this the same kit with a different part #?

Thanks for you help

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodmccrady View Post
    I sent email but didn't hear back after a week. I've turned off my spam filter, so maybe that will help. I thought I'd try getting my questions answered here:

I'm looking for shock needle bearings and frame pivot bearings for my 2005 Stumpjumper FSR 120.

I bought the shock needle bearing from you before, and I ordered kit #NBLRWC-1575. I see this number on your web page, but the page doesn't list it for 04-05 Stumpjumpers. I want to be sure to get the right bearing and washers.

I got frame pivot bearings apparently from distributor BTI, but the box says "Enduro Bearings" and has BK-5615. The part number I see now on the web site for this bike is SBKSPE4. Is this the same kit with a different part #?

Thanks for you help
    I'm 90% sure this one also takes the NBKRWC1575. There is a very narrow gap in the center of the rear link that the shock slides into. There is only room on each side of the shock for the narrowest of spacers. You should be able to confirm this visually. At RWC we assemble all our own kits so the Enduro SKU numbers don't match and we don't work off of them. Here's what's in our SBKSPE4:

(4) 6800 MAX
    (2) 6802 MAX
    (4) 688 MAX

Hope that helps!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31