Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks Chris, waiting for your last 1 % sure.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by future9398 View Post
    thanks Chris, waiting for your last 1 % sure.
    Wow. That last 1% is a bear. It actually takes our NBKRWC2540.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    yes, i already place my order. thanks chris

mtbr member
    I just replaced my RDOs worn upper DU with RWCs needle bearing...and WOW! This such a functional upgrade!
    The slop is gone but more importantly the decrease in stiction is very noticeable even when cycling the suspension by hand in my living room workshop. It will be interesting if I can objectively discern the difference on trail junk. And a bit of ano bling don't hurt either

Thanks Chris

mtbr member
    May 2010

Nbkrwc2185

Any idea when you will have the NBKRWC2185 needle bearing kits in stock? I would like to order a bottom bracket and the needle bearing adapter kit at the same time to save shipping. I am building up a new bike.

thank you

EDIT
    RWC already returned my email. They have black in stock, red is out of stock but they can make more in a day if anyone wants them. I decided to go with black since I might change frames in two years or so.
    Last edited by mudncrud; 01-07-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: update
    Here's to sweat in your eye.

Helmetless Crasher
    Just installed rwc needles on my RZ120 c'dale.

Very nice upgrade in smooth slop-free small bump sensitivity.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

Hack Racer
    Any idea if any of the kits could be adapted to fit a 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
    Any idea if any of the kits could be adapted to fit a 2011 Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL?
    The span (22.20mm) is no problem. However, the database indicates 10mm hardware. That's a problem. Also, pics look like bearings are incorporated at the swing link/shock juncture. I'm thinking it's not going to be possible...

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Any suggestion for a 50mm one for my Nicolai Helius? All I see is a 43.75mm one, then 54mm...

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Any suggestion for a 50mm one for my Nicolai Helius? All I see is a 43.75mm one, then 54mm...
    What color do you want and can you wait a couple of weeks? We can modify some 54mm kits...

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    What color do you want and can you wait a couple of weeks? We can modify some 54mm kits...
    I really did not think about color, but the bike is blue. It rides fine, no urgency, but compared with your needle bearing kits in my Rotwild and my wife's Yeti bikes, stiction is there. I feel I may be loosing some of CCDBA goodness.

I thought about using spacers, but 6mm worth of them, not sure. You recommend 4mm max. I would have preferred the inner axle to make contact.. I will also order 15.9mm one for the other eyelet..

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I really did not think about color, but the bike is blue. It rides fine, no urgency, but compared with your needle bearing kits in my Rotwild and my wife's Yeti bikes, stiction is there. I feel I may be loosing some of CCDBA goodness.

I thought about using spacers, but 6mm worth of them, not sure. You recommend 4mm max. I would have preferred the inner axle to make contact.. I will also order 15.9mm one for the other eyelet..
    If you are running the DB Air, the shock eyelets are 14.7mm. That's too small to run the needle bearings. However, you can have a machine shop take them out to 15.05mm. There is plenty of excess material engineered into the eyelet, so there is no worry of hurting the shock. In addition, it will not make your shock only compatible with our needle bearing kit. It will make it compatible with any and all Fox compatible systems.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    If you are running the DB Air, the shock eyelets are 14.7mm. That's too small to run the needle bearings. However, you can have a machine shop take them out to 15.05mm. There is plenty of excess material engineered into the eyelet, so there is no worry of hurting the shock. In addition, it will not make your shock only compatible with our needle bearing kit. It will make it compatible with any and all Fox compatible systems.
    Gah... I did not even notice that when buying it last year, all I saw was that it used standard size reducers.. Why would they do that, dammit.. And I can't even use my bag of DP4 bushings..

...will bug you if I decide on the surgery.. thanks.

mtbr member
    What size kit would I need for my DYD RT2 shock on my Cannondale Trigger 29er?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by devojrx7 View Post
    What size kit would I need for my DYD RT2 shock on my Cannondale Trigger 29er?
    I been trying to get to the bottom of this for a while. I can't find a specific listing for the Trigger. However, every Cannondale frame with a DYAD shock listed in the Fox database has a 15.75mm mounting span. If this is also true with your frame, which is likely, you would need NBKRWC1575. You could verify this measurement yourself if you have some calipers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Chris2fur what kit is needed for the new Niner Rip RDO?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by sand0kan View Post
    Chris2fur what kit is needed for the new Niner Rip RDO?
    Niner has consistently used the 21.85mm standard so our NBKRWC2185 is the one to use (at rockers--bottom is stationary).

mtbr member
    May 2006

My experience with RWC and the needle bearing kit.

I had ordered a needle bearing kit for my Jamis XCR, but when it arrived I realized that it wouldn't fit due to the bike having proprietary shock mounting bolts. I called Chris at RWC to ask if there was an adapter that would allow me to fit it to my bike, but there wasn't. He offered me the choice of either returning it for a refund, or I could e-mail him some photos of the stock hardware and how the shock mounted along with a few measurements, and he would try to make up something so I could use it. I choose the latter. He e-mailed me the following day to say he'd have something for me to try as soon as he could. Just over a week later Chris e-mailed to tell me he had something made up and would mail it the next morning. Two days later it was in my mail box. Chris followed up with me to make sure everything fit properly, which it did. Needless to say, I was/am very impressed with the level of customer service at RWC.
    As far as my experience with the product itself? Well, on this bike I had previously replaced the stock Fox RP2 with a Rock Shox Monarch RT-3, which was a big improvement, but it still didn't work quite as well as I wanted. If I set it up to work well on the big stuff and have enough support through corners and g-outs, it was overly harsh on small choppy stuff and would kind of hang up to easily on square edged bumps. If I set it up to address that, then it would wallow into it's mid-stroke too easily. Adding the needle bearing at the swing link end of the shock took care of the harshness and square edged hang up. Something I didn't expect was, since there is so much less friction as the suspension articulates, I actually needed to add another 10 psi and 1 more click of rebound damping. Consequently, the mid-stroke support is better and it even feels a little more composed on the bigger bumps as well. Everything just feels noticeably smoother and more controlled. Great product from a great company. Thanks!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamwarthog View Post
    ....Consequently, the mid-stroke support is better and it even feels a little more composed on the bigger bumps as well. Everything just feels noticeably smoother and more controlled. Great product from a great company. Thanks!
    Thanks very much!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hi Chris, is there a distributor for your products in Europe or even better in Greece.
    Thanks!

don't stop
    Mar 2009
    I been trying to get to the bottom of this for a while. I can't find a specific listing for the Trigger. However, every Cannondale frame with a DYAD shock listed in the Fox database has a 15.75mm mounting span. If this is also true with your frame, which is likely, you would need NBKRWC1575. You could verify this measurement yourself if you have some calipers.
    Any update on this? I am looking to buy a needle bearing kit for my Trigger 29er 1, and was looking to confirm that the NBKRWC1575 is the correct kit I need to order. Any shims needed too?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by runbaileyrun View Post
    Any update on this? I am looking to buy a needle bearing kit for my Trigger 29er 1, and was looking to confirm that the NBKRWC1575 is the correct kit I need to order. Any shims needed too?
    For the Trigger I'm showing 22.00 mounting span on the 29er aluminum and 15.75 mounting span on the carbon 26er. So, for you, the question is whether to go with the 21.85 kit or the 22.20 mounting kit. Checking the actual span with calipers would be best....

don't stop
    Mar 2009
    For the Trigger I'm showing 22.00 mounting span on the 29er aluminum and 15.75 mounting span on the carbon 26er. So, for you, the question is whether to go with the 21.85 kit or the 22.20 mounting kit. Checking the actual span with calipers would be best....
    Great - thanks for the update. I need an excuse to buy some callipers, so I'll check and report back later.

don't stop
    Mar 2009
    22.05 mm measured on mine. So that makes it the 21.85mm plus a spacer or two.

mtbr member
    Or squeezing in the 22.2?

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast