Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Dirt Bike Craig
    Hi Chris! I've installed the needle bearing kit on both ends of my shock with the larger size sleeve to get the tightest fit but Im experiencing a slight bit of play when fully assembled.

Any ideas?

Craig from Phoenix
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    Hi Chris! I've installed the needle bearing kit on both ends of my shock with the larger size sleeve to get the tightest fit but Im experiencing a slight bit of play when fully assembled.

Any ideas?

Craig from Phoenix
    Hi, Craig: What frame and what shock?

Dirt Bike Craig
    Santa Cruz Nickel with Fox RP23
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsilva View Post
    Hi,

Really interested in this but looked in the shock chart and couldn't find my frame. Is it possible to use these on a 2006/07 Cannondale Rush ( Fox RP3 ) ?
    Best I can tell, the rear shock mounting span is 37.59 and uses an 8mm bolt. So, you would need:

1 pcs NBKRWC3556 (RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS)
    2 pcs Shim Kit SS8x15x0.5 (STAINLESS STEEL SHIMS FOR NEEDLE BEARING KIT NBKRWC40)

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    Santa Cruz Nickel with Fox RP23
    OK, so 2 NBKRWC2185 kits. Send me an email with your order info and I'll send you a couple of "++" tolerance inner rings (yep, up a notch in OD from the "+" tolerance). We just got them in.

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

2001 Klein Mantra

I've got a 2001 Klein Mantra without a shock and my LBS is referring me to a metal shop to have reducers made for a Manitou Swinger SPV shock because Trek no longer has the parts. Shock is probably from 2005 or 06...I've also got a Vanilla coil that will fit, but also w/o reducers...I see the 2001 Mantra on the website, so I'm hopeful, but wanted to check here.

Got anything to help the old girl?

Thanks, GNR

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by GNR View Post
    I've got a 2001 Klein Mantra without a shock and my LBS is referring me to a metal shop to have reducers made for a Manitou Swinger SPV shock because Trek no longer has the parts. Shock is probably from 2005 or 06...I've also got a Vanilla coil that will fit, but also w/o reducers...I see the 2001 Mantra on the website, so I'm hopeful, but wanted to check here.

Got anything to help the old girl?

Thanks, GNR
    First off, the older Manitou shock is out for use with our kit. The Vanilla is a go. Your frame is in the database as having 21.85mm mounting spans at each end. I'm not sure how much shock eye rotation takes place at either end. Our NBKRWC2185 would work at each end (2 kits required). However, if one end is relatively static it would be cheaper for you to just get a Fox hardware kit for that end. Do you have the mounting bolts?

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Mantra

Nope, bolts are long gone as well.

I'm not really sure how much rotation happens at either end really, but the way my LBS was talking, they didn't think Fox would be much help in getting hardware for the frame either.

I figure even if the needle bearings are overkill for the design, I'll be riding it instead to looking at it hanging on the well.

Thanks for the help.

otb club member
    Nope, bolts are long gone as well.

I'm not really sure how much rotation happens at either end really, but the way my LBS was talking, they didn't think Fox would be much help in getting hardware for the frame either.

I figure even if the needle bearings are overkill for the design, I'll be riding it instead to looking at it hanging on the well.

Thanks for the help.
    If the Fox database is correct, you need Fox part number 803-03-000 for each end. That's a standard 2-piece reducer kit. If the Vanilla already has bushings in it, you will only need to come up with your own 6mm bolts. Those reducer kits are readily available online for around $10.00.

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Got the kits for $8. $2 bolts at the hardware...much cheaper and works perfectly. Thanks for the selfless help.

otb club member
    Got the kits for $8. $2 bolts at the hardware...much cheaper and works perfectly. Thanks for the selfless help.
    Cool! Glad that worked out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

RWC Needle bearing play problem

Chris
    I got 2 of these bearings for my Rize and somehow between the needle bearing and the inner ring there is play even when i installed the + tolerance ring do you have a ++ version of the inner ring or what do you suggest me to do

Order RWC-201202090631-000825‏
    Order RWC-201205131022-522525

thanks

Sagnak
    Last edited by Sagnak; 08-11-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Extra information on same post

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagnak View Post
    Chris
    I got 2 of these bearings for my Rize and somehow between the needle bearing and the inner ring there is play even when i installed the + tolerance ring do you have a ++ version of the inner ring or what do you suggest me to do

Order RWC-201202090631-000825‏
    Order RWC-201205131022-522525

thanks

Sagnak
    Yes, we now have "++" tolerance inner rings for the 22.20mm kits. I will provide details to you via email. For general information, the 21.85 and 22.20 kits are all shipping with 3 inner rings now ("-" "+" and "++").

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Chris,
    I emailed you a while back with regards to having play in my shock kits which are both 21.85mm. You spoke of the '++' inners and kindly emailed me once they were in production to which I replied with what I required, since then I have had no reply, even after a second email. I'm contacting you through this forum just incase my emails are not being received as your customer service is excellent. Have the '++' inners for my kits been produced yet, as the play in both ends has worsened a little?

Regards,
    Russel.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruscle View Post
    Chris,
    I emailed you a while back with regards to having play in my shock kits which are both 21.85mm. You spoke of the '++' inners and kindly emailed me once they were in production to which I replied with what I required, since then I have had no reply, even after a second email. I'm contacting you through this forum just incase my emails are not being received as your customer service is excellent. Have the '++' inners for my kits been produced yet, as the play in both ends has worsened a little?

Regards,
    Russel.
    Hi, Russel: Can you please send me PM with your email address so I can search it? Must have missed it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    No worries, will do.
    Regards,
    Russel.

I'd rather be riding!
    Chris,
    I have the NBKRWC40 and NBKRWC22 kits on my Trek TF69er and love them! However they don't add enough bling to be noticed since I bought them in basic black. Can I purchase just the spacers without the bearings with a different color anodizing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have used the NBKRWC2185 kit with DHX Air on Nomad Carbon. Does anyone know if that same kit works with Vivid Air or CCDB Air on NomadC?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Thanks to RWC Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Yes, we now have "++" tolerance inner rings for the 22.20mm kits. I will provide details to you via email. For general information, the 21.85 and 22.20 kits are all shipping with 3 inner rings now ("-" "+" and "++").
    Chris

thank you for sending me the ++ rings as i have just received installed and tried them they're excellent and made everything how its supposed to be.
    thank you again

Sagnak

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mehukatti View Post
    I have used the NBKRWC2185 kit with DHX Air on Nomad Carbon. Does anyone know if that same kit works with Vivid Air or CCDB Air on NomadC?
    Sorry--missed this post. It's a go on the Vivid. The CC shocks are not a match (shock eyelet bore different).

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagnak View Post
    Chris

thank you for sending me the ++ rings as i have just received installed and tried them they're excellent and made everything how its supposed to be.
    thank you again

Sagnak
    Great! Thanks for the follow-up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hi Chris,
    Received my ++ inner ring late last week and installed them yesterday. They are now perfect and everything feels solid. Great service.
    Regards,
    Russel.

lamer
    I think I read somewhere that PUSH prefers bushings over needle bearings, but does anyone know if they will push in these bearings if requested if you send a kit along with your shock?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Anyone know if these will fit the eyelets on a cane creek shock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by herb1234 View Post
    Anyone know if these will fit the eyelets on a cane creek shock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Sorry--missed this post. It's a go on the Vivid. The CC shocks are not a match (shock eyelet bore different).
    They don't.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast