Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Not sure. What was on it? As long as you use one or the other you should be OK. Using nothing would be the worst.
    Something that was white after 4 years of being on the bike.

Maybe I'll use a combo of loctite on the threads and anti-seize on the shoulders...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    According to the Fox database, 45.72mm is the span at the business end. This should do the trick:

1 pcs NBKRWC4374
    2 pcs shim kit SS8X15X0.5
    Thanks Chris2fur.

Also, what do kit do I need for a 2008 Norco Faze 1 with a Fox RP23?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Santa Cruz Blur XC 1.0

Hello,

Could you please tell me which needle bearing kit is compatible with Santa Cruz Blur XC 1.0 with Fox Shock RP3?

For upper and lower part of shock?

On the shock chart most SC bikes, Blur XC 2.0 and LT2 are compatible with NBKRWC2185 but I have Blur XC 1.0.

This is link to Blur XC 1.0 propack if that helps: Santa Cruz Bicycles .

Thanks!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by hameedx View Post
    Thanks Chris2fur.

Also, what do kit do I need for a 2008 Norco Faze 1 with a Fox RP23?
    32.41mm is the rocker arm span. I recommend the following:

1 pcs NBKRWC30
    3 pcs shim kit SS8x15x0.5

Try 2 shim kits first and test the fit. If there is noticeable space, attempt to add the 3rd set of shims. If the third set won't fit, go with the 2 sets. Load the suspension and torque the hardware down. Be sure the rocker arms have been drawn in tightly toward each other, capturing the needle bearing assembly.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by purple dog View Post
    Hello,

Could you please tell me which needle bearing kit is compatible with Santa Cruz Blur XC 1.0 with Fox Shock RP3?
    We do not have a kit for the XC 1. There are many factors making the conversion a bit of a nightmare. First, it uses 3/8" hardware. This, in and of itself is not so hard to overcome. However, on top of that, the seat stay bearings, swing link, and shock eyelet converge on a single point.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    We do not have a kit for the XC 1. There are many factors making the conversion a bit of a nightmare. First, it uses 3/8" hardware. This, in and of itself is not so hard to overcome. However, on top of that, the seat stay bearings, swing link, and shock eyelet converge on a single point.
    Ah. I am sorry to hear that.
    But thanks for the fast reply!

Best regards!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Chris,

Do you have a needle bearing kit for a 2007 Gary Fisher Fat Possum w/ a Manitou Swinger X3?

I have a set of Enduro seals on the Fox Float RL fork and they are great.

Nerdy Jock
    Jun 2008
    Chris,

Is NBKRWC2185 the correct part for a 2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70? I have a Fox RP3.

Also, does one needle bearing conversion kit replace both the bushing AND the reducer?

Thanks
    Current bike: Rocky Mountain ETS-X 70

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaner123 View Post
    Chris,

Is NBKRWC2185 the correct part for a 2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70? I have a Fox RP3.

Also, does one needle bearing conversion kit replace both the bushing AND the reducer?

Thanks
    Yes, that is the correct kit for the upper (rocker arm) end. It takes the place of the DU bushing and the reducers. You just reuse the bolt (in this case the QR, if so equipped).

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by qdiggety View Post
    Chris,

Do you have a needle bearing kit for a 2007 Gary Fisher Fat Possum w/ a Manitou Swinger X3?

I have a set of Enduro seals on the Fox Float RL fork and they are great.
    We show the rear swing arm mount as 40mm. However, unless the Manitou shock is 2011 or later, the eyelet bore will be too small for our needle bearing kit.

mtbr member
    Hey Chris. I bought the new set for the HD with the rp23 about 6-8 months ago when the new bearing came out. I am starting to feel some play in it now. I have a feeling it will get worse. Is there an even new strong bearing out for this? And if I switch out my rp23 for something different, like a Cane Creek or Monarch, will these fit?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Hey Chris. I bought the new set for the HD with the rp23 about 6-8 months ago when the new bearing came out. I am starting to feel some play in it now. I have a feeling it will get worse. Is there an even new strong bearing out for this? And if I switch out my rp23 for something different, like a Cane Creek or Monarch, will these fit?
    If there was no play initially, then the tolerance is OK. The needle bearings don't wear down with time. Likely you just need to pack in more grease and spin the inner ring around a few times. CC shocks don't match the Fox spec, but the Monarch does.

mtbr member
    Ok, yeah the play was not there before. I didn't even notice it till when the bike shop lifted the rear seat and I put my finger on the rear bearing, and I could feel the play. I would have felt it later on, but I do know when the shop put them in, there was no play. I was thinking of getting the push monarch for the HD. How about x-fusion or bos vipr? I will ride it like it is, but if it gets worse I will contact you.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Ok, yeah the play was not there before. I didn't even notice it till when the bike shop lifted the rear seat and I put my finger on the rear bearing, and I could feel the play. I would have felt it later on, but I do know when the shop put them in, there was no play. I was thinking of getting the push monarch for the HD. How about x-fusion or bos vipr? I will ride it like it is, but if it gets worse I will contact you.
    Well, like I said, you should repack with grease. The last two years of X-Fusion shocks should be compatible. The ones before 2011 I think were 14mm instead of 15mm. I think the BOS eyelets are also a smaller bore.

mtbr member
    Hi Chris, many thanks for sending out a replacement needle bearing and inner ring. The fit is much better with minimal play, when I say minimal..enough to slide the inner ring in
    great customer service..
    I knocked up this simple little tool on the mill today, which uses a M10 bolt..now I don't need to remove my shock everytime..

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    A quick question. I'm running the needle bearing kits on my Ibis Mojo front and back and noticed I have a bit of play. so I swapped out the rear inner sleeve, but when doing this I noticed that while the shock was still attached to the bike there was sideways play in the front - in that, I could wiggle the shock side to side. The play I had is still there, but does not appear to be coming from the rear (I can not see any movement there).

Is this sideways movement usual? I would of thought with the bolts tightened up correctly there would be no sideways movement, but maybe the spacers allow this.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldigger View Post
    Hi Chris, many thanks for sending out a replacement needle bearing and inner ring. The fit is much better with minimal play, when I say minimal..enough to slide the inner ring in
    great customer service..
    I knocked up this simple little tool on the mill today, which uses a M10 bolt..now I don't need to remove my shock everytime..
    Very nice!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreednya View Post
    A quick question. I'm running the needle bearing kits on my Ibis Mojo front and back and noticed I have a bit of play. so I swapped out the rear inner sleeve, but when doing this I noticed that while the shock was still attached to the bike there was sideways play in the front - in that, I could wiggle the shock side to side. The play I had is still there, but does not appear to be coming from the rear (I can not see any movement there).

Is this sideways movement usual? I would of thought with the bolts tightened up correctly there would be no sideways movement, but maybe the spacers allow this.
    Yes, normal for two reasons:
    1) the roller elements can shift when you do this
    2) the seals have some give to them

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks Chris ) - hadn't noticed a loss in performance so guessed they were fine

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Chris2fur,

I have a Superfly 100 Pro which is now giving out a little squeak as I ride it with the stock bushings. I am hoping the needle bearings will fix this. I am asking my local shop to get in the tools and parts to do this....do you have some contact info where they could contact you guys and set something up?

-r

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by oclvframe View Post
    Chris2fur,

I have a Superfly 100 Pro which is now giving out a little squeak as I ride it with the stock bushings. I am hoping the needle bearings will fix this. I am asking my local shop to get in the tools and parts to do this....do you have some contact info where they could contact you guys and set something up?

-r
    Sure, our email is info@enduroforkseals.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    chris, sent you a PM and a email a long while ago regarding purchasing other colored spacers, is this possible if i want to mix/match the spacers on my bike?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    no response to this chris?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by darnelli View Post
    no response to this chris?
    Sorry! Just sent you a PM.

derp
    Hi,

Really interested in this but looked in the shock chart and couldn't find my frame. Is it possible to use these on a 2006/07 Cannondale Rush ( Fox RP3 ) ?

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast