Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Is there a kit for the Niner Jet 9 RDO....if yes what is the part number?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by sand0kan View Post
    Is there a kit for the Niner Jet 9 RDO....if yes what is the part number?
    NBKRWC2185 is the kit for the upper rocker mount (same for bottom, but no performance gain due to no rotation at that end).

mtbr member
    My Kit has some very noticable play..even with the +spacer i could feel play when i installed it
    Lift up the bike and there is an audible clonk...i can even see the movement on the bearing
    when lifting the saddle up..

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldigger View Post
    My Kit has some very noticable play..even with the +spacer i could feel play when i installed it
    Lift up the bike and there is an audible clonk...i can even see the movement on the bearing
    when lifting the saddle up..
    Did you contact us via email?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Did you contact us via email?
    Nope should i have? if so i apologise..

otb club member
    Yes, please! If your girl has a problem with you, do you want her to contact you directly or post it on a public forum? Contact us directly and we'll take care of you.

Nope should i have? if so i apologise..

mtbr member
    Yes, please! If your girl has a problem with you, do you want her to contact you directly or post it on a public forum? Contact us directly and we'll take care of you.
    Thought of the day!

mtbr member
    when my Mrs has a problem with me..there is no contact..I get the silent treatment for 3 days..
    Then it all comes out
    3 days peace and quiet

otb club member
    when my Mrs has a problem with me..there is no contact..I get the silent treatment for 3 days..
    Then it all comes out
    3 days peace and quiet
    Ha ha. Thanks for the email. We are on it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    How easy is it to give these a quick re-lube? I had a look at the rubber seals, but they did not seem to want to move so is it a case of squirting grease into the bearing from the middle.

Just wondering, they still spin smoothly enough, but as the shock is off having a service I thought why not give them a clean and re-grease

Cheers

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreednya View Post
    How easy is it to give these a quick re-lube? I had a look at the rubber seals, but they did not seem to want to move so is it a case of squirting grease into the bearing from the middle.

Just wondering, they still spin smoothly enough, but as the shock is off having a service I thought why not give them a clean and re-grease

Cheers
    With the shock out, you can take off one or both spacers (seals are attached to spacers) and then carefully remove the inner ring (axle). I say "carefully" because these are MAX bearings (no retainer) and the needle rollers can fall out. With the inner ring out, you have access to the inside of the bearing and can pack it with grease. Re-insert the inner ring and rotate it several times. Remove the inner ring and repeat the greasing process until the needles are coated and voids are filled. Re-install the inner ring and spacers and you are good.

mtbr member
    Got my shock bearing kit, and they're awesome so far, but now it's time for frame bearings (if you don't mind the small threadjack). Just wondering, what's the best tool to remove/install a bolt from a threaded bearing (6000 FE 2RS SP)?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks Chris,

that is what I thought about the seals. So use a fine pair of tweezers or something similar to pop off the inner ring?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreednya View Post
    Thanks Chris,

that is what I thought about the seals. So use a fine pair of tweezers or something similar to pop off the inner ring?
    The inner ring just pulls out of the bearing assembly by hand. I can't see a need for tweezers. See the pic below...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for posting that Chris. I see where you mean now and it makes more sense. I'll have to wait for my shock to come back from being serviced to do this. I did write it down for them that I needed the needle rollers left in the shock - hope they did that or else I'll be well annoyed........

Thinking about it, I should of removed them

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    Got my shock bearing kit, and they're awesome so far, but now it's time for frame bearings (if you don't mind the small threadjack). Just wondering, what's the best tool to remove/install a bolt from a threaded bearing (6000 FE 2RS SP)?
    Sorry for not answering this sooner. Bearings that have threaded inner races usually have slots on one side for keeping the inner race stationary while threading the bolt in or out:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    It does have the slots, I was just wondering if there's a specific tool that's good to use. On my frame (BMC Superstroke) those two are at the top of the upper link, connected to the seatstays, and so there's not a lot of room to work, even with the shock out and the link rolled forward.

Edit: the top bearings in this picture.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    any application for MOJO HD?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Anyone know what I need for a 2004 Kona Stinky with a Fox RP2?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hameedx View Post
    A wash?

otb club member
    [QUOTE=Agate;9178057]It does have the slots, I was just wondering if there's a specific tool that's good to use. On my frame (BMC Superstroke) those two are at the top of the upper link, connected to the seatstays, and so there's not a lot of room to work, even with the shock out and the link rolled forward.

Edit: the top bearings in this picture.

I don't know of a special tool for the job. Sure hope some anti-seize was used on the bolts... If you can't find anything that gets a firm bite in that slot, you may want to have something machined. If you chinger up the slot by using something that doesn't fit, it may get ugly. On the other hand, if the threads were properly prepped, it may not take too much force to break the bolt loose. I'm so late with this reply that you have probably already resolved the issue.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by darnelli View Post
    any application for MOJO HD?
    All the Mojos use the NBKRWC3988 at the link and the NBKRWC2185 at the top tube mount. The link is the important end to change. There may be some slight rotation at the very end of the stroke at the top tube end.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by hameedx View Post
    According to the Fox database, 45.72mm is the span at the business end. This should do the trick:

1 pcs NBKRWC4374
    2 pcs shim kit SS8X15X0.5

mtbr member
    I don't know of a special tool for the job. Sure hope some anti-seize was used on the bolts... If you can't find anything that gets a firm bite in that slot, you may want to have something machined. If you chinger up the slot by using something that doesn't fit, it may get ugly. On the other hand, if the threads were properly prepped, it may not take too much force to break the bolt loose. I'm so late with this reply that you have probably already resolved the issue.
    Got them out, haven't put it back together yet. Seems like a chainring bolt wrench with the middle point ground down would work, but just wanted to check if there was something else I hadn't thought of.

Also wondering if I should use anti-seize or blue Loctite when I put it back together. Not a bolt that I'd want to have back out on me while riding...

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    Got them out, haven't put it back together yet. Seems like a chainring bolt wrench with the middle point ground down would work, but just wanted to check if there was something else I hadn't thought of.

Also wondering if I should use anti-seize or blue Loctite when I put it back together. Not a bolt that I'd want to have back out on me while riding...
    Not sure. What was on it? As long as you use one or the other you should be OK. Using nothing would be the worst.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast