jamisdude

Eglund or Total Air conversion kit for '97 Rock Shox Judy XC

Anyone know where I might locate an air conversion kit for a 1997 Rock Shox Judy XC? I've called MRP and a couple of other shops that still had some kits, but none for a 1997.

Otherwise, anyone got an older SID or Marzocchi Fly/Atom in good shape that they'd like to sell?

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    I think you'll be much better off finding a clean old fork or spending a little more and getting a 2005-2007 XC fork in good shape. Most are in the 3-4 pound range, are MUCH stronger and more rigid than their old counterparts (30-32mm stanchions vs. 26-28mm, better engineered crowns, etc.), and will have better damping. Most will also have disc tabs where your old fork doesn't.

Scan the classifieds here, join Pinkbike.com, and hit up craigslist and eBay. The big name forks go for money - Pike, Lyrik, 36, Talas, etc. The shorter travel stuff is not as highly sought after and you can find some real bargains.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamisdude
    Anyone know where I might locate an air conversion kit for a 1997 Rock Shox Judy XC? I've called MRP and a couple of other shops that still had some kits, but none for a 1997.

Otherwise, anyone got an older SID or Marzocchi Fly/Atom in good shape that they'd like to sell?

Thanks for the help.
    I have the dual crown version of that fork with an englund air kit. The kit will fit either single or dual crown forks because the dual crown kit just came with some really long spacers to throw on top of the air spring/damper units. it was actually a really good set up and mine work great and never leak air although all the adjustments are internal. You are welcome to the whole setup if you like.

Members who have read this thread: 0