mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Duke Race vs. Tora 318

Hi. I'm new to posting on MTBR so sorry if I make some mistakes here. Anyway, I recently bought an old diamond back response from a friend who had it just sitting in his garage for $150. So far, its been excellent and only ways 27 pounds. I've been thinking about changing the Duke Race out and replacing it with a Tora 318 that I have lying around, but I'm not much to know about suspension. I'm not planning on taking the bike on any seriously rocky trails with massive drops, but I do think that the occasional jumps and drop can be expected. Any suggestions? Thanks

bi-winning
    The Tora will probably be heavier, with a slightly stiffer chassis. I don't think either fork is leaps and bounds better than the other.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yeah... I didn't really think there'd be too much difference. This is just a bike I'm tinkering with for the fun of it and I like whats on it, but since I have a Tora sitting around, I thought I'd see if there was an advantage of one over the other