mtbr member
    Feb 2009

DT swiss XMC 130 stiction problem 2009

Hi all,
    since i bought my XMC 130 fork in 2009, it has spend most of it's time going back and forth to DT HQ or their local rep. Initially it worked fine, but 2 months in, it overextented (probably the neg air chamber poped) and after a couple of months of travel, it arrived functional but leaking oil. It took them 1,5 years of testing and sending the fork back and forth and last year they sent some new seals to stop the leak. However, stiction is terrible in mid to full travel and despite changing oil weight 3 months ago, it still remains or getting worse. I've been in contact with DT's technical dept. all this time and it's been serviced by the local repair shop. However, problems still prersist and even if they promised to replace the fork if it still wasn't up to spec with the seals and oil change, they haven't committed to that.

Any similar experiences?
    I've tried many forks in the last 15 yrs, including marzocchis, Fox and Rst, never have i had such a headache!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    First off I think you need to find out what the source of the stiction - there's going to be 3 possible sources:

stiction from the lower legs / stiction from the airspring / stiction from the damper

How competent are you with forks ie are you prepared to start taking them apart to try and fix the problem yourself?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hi ,
    the issue is not about me resolving the problem, but about DT backing their products and customer service, since the fork never operated as it should. That's why i'm asking if anyone has had similar issues and how they've handled it. Besides, if i'm to repair the fork myself , i might need special parts that i don't have access to.
    I believe the problem is in their new seals, perhaps they are not suited for my "older" fork but for their newer ones....