mtbr member

DSP Bighorn Initial Impressions

Got my production sample of the new DSP Racing Bighorn seatpost today. Weight is 605 grams with the remote control. Maybe not the lightest out there but it seems very solid and affordable at $250 for a 4.5" adjustable post. Air pressure is user serviceable with a standard shock pump at the bottom of the post. Installation was easy, the remote is clean and smooth. There is virtually no side to side play in the post at all, it is much tighter then the Joplin and KS posts I have used in the past, it seems just as tight as the reverb. The head is very similar to a Joplin in that the seat tilts forward and aft for adjustment until you tighten the 4mm allen bolts on each side. The post looks great and if you are wondering why they called it the Bighorn, look no further then the horns on the seat rail clamps, I think of them as hitting me in the rear to get me to pedal faster! I dont get to ride very much this time of year and with adjustable posts, durability and longevity are the primary concerns, so the long term thrash test will have to wait until spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

mtbr member
    Nice Nice... very interested in the ease of adjustment and serviceability from reading the description

Can't wait for mine to come.
    I should be able to get in more saddle time in my part of the world before your winter is over

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice shoots.... expecting to get more from your side.

Find more on internet..

Last edited by christineliao; 12-29-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Got my production sample of the new DSP Racing Bighorn seatpost today. Weight is 605 grams with the remote control. Maybe not the lightest out there but it seems very solid and affordable at $250 for a 4.5" adjustable post. Air pressure is user serviceable with a standard shock pump at the bottom of the post. Installation was easy, the remote is clean and smooth. There is virtually no side to side play in the post at all, it is much tighter then the Joplin and KS posts I have used in the past, it seems just as tight as the reverb. The head is very similar to a Joplin in that the seat tilts forward and aft for adjustment until you tighten the 4mm allen bolts on each side. The post looks great and if you are wondering why they called it the Bighorn, look no further then the horns on the seat rail clamps, I think of them as hitting me in the rear to get me to pedal faster! I dont get to ride very much this time of year and with adjustable posts, durability and longevity are the primary concerns, so the long term thrash test will have to wait until spring.
    Curious on your long-term report? Still diggin' it?
    Can you hear me now?

mtbr member
    My production sample blew a seal but the replacement has been bombproof.