mtbr member

Domain 318 coil increase travel?

I just bought an SX Trail that came with a RockShox Domain 318 coil spring 160mm. Does anyone know if there is a symple way to increase the travel to 180mm? It actually feels like a good fork but I am use to 180mm travel on my last bike which had a Marz 66 and I wanted to know if this is something that a novice on RockShox can do at home? Any help is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Buy a 180mm coil spring rod and you have 180mm. They use the same length spring.
    '08 Turner Highline
    '00 DBR X6

mtbr member
    Thanks. Is it simple to install?

mtbr member
    Yes, very easy to install. Search and look for Rockshox Service videos in youtube. You will understand how to remove the rod and install everything back.

2ndly, You need to buy Maxima 5w fork oils for oil replacement + mobil one full synthetic oil for lower bottom.

troubled economist
    dig...

mtbr member
    Great, Thanks for the help. Last question, does anyone know where I can buy a kit. I did not get a clear answer from Rockshox.

troubled economist
    Go to an LBS who deals in Rock Shox and they should be able to order the 180mm spring shaft. There is no "kit", really, it's just the one part.

If you have any question about being able to do this, let your shop do the work for you.
    dig...