mtbr member
    May 2018

Disassembly help with Marzocchi suspension (model 2011 "TST2 Air")

I have leaky seals on my Marzocchi 2011 TST2 Air and can't figure out how to remove/separate the right shock.

I searched this forum, the Marzocchi sight, Google etc and I'm stumped.

Question #1: How do I remove the rebound adjuster and separate the tube from the body? (I have removed the top nut)

Question #2: Do any of you know where I can purchase replacement seals?

Thank you! Disassembly help with Marzocchi suspension (model 2011 "TST2 Air")-1.jpgDisassembly help with Marzocchi suspension (model 2011 "TST2 Air")-2.jpgDisassembly help with Marzocchi suspension (model 2011 "TST2 Air")-3.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If there isn't a small 1.5 or 2mm screw holding the rebound knob on, & there is no hex head bolt in the center I would guess it's compression fit with o-rings.

If it's compression fit with o-rings. Pull down & wiggle gently.

Once the rebound knob is off you'll see the nut holding the lowers. Remove that. & the one on the other side if you haven't already.

Pull down on the lowers. They should come off. Have an oil pan ready.

Seals should be 32mm. Enduro sells em, or you can get 32mm Marzocchi's. Should be easy to find. You'll have oil & dust seals, 2 per leg. Grab some slick honey or slickoleum grease for the rebuild along with whatever oil Marz used in those. Golden Spectro 125/150 is standard Marzocchi 7.5W.

After you've replaced the seals & have the lowers back on & are tightening the lower nuts, if you have issues with the threaded portion spinning, try adding air to that leg & trying again. I had a helluva time getting the lower nuts on the cart side on a different model Marz, adding air solved the issue. Good luck!

*A trick to get the uppers back in the lowers. gently remove the little thin circular spring surrounding the seals & place em up on the stanchions. Slide the uppers down through the seals at a slight angle to keep the seals from rolling. Once in & there's no drag put the seal springs back on gently.

**Use the slick honey or slickoleum under the dust seals & around the oil seals. Doesn't hurt to smear the bushings as well. You'll have some grease slip though the seals onto the stanchion when freshly greased. Clean off as necessary. usually most comes out garage testing but be prepared with a clean rag on the first ride.

***I've never rebuilt a Marz TST version so please keep that in mind.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yup the adjuster pulls straight down, grip it tight with needle nose pliers and slowly wiggle it while pulling, but don’t lever too far that will just bind it

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    This might be useful.

Exploded diagram: http://www.marzocchi.ru/resources/fo...130_R00-01.pdf

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Thank you (eschew, cobba and JohnnyC7) very much for the guidance. I didn't have the courage to yank as hard as needed to remove the knob. It came off and revealed the nut under it.

Now I'm hunting for the 4 needed seals so I can follow Part #2 of your awesome instructions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Seals http://enduroforkseals.com/id261.html

Tech Tuesday vid if you haven't seen it yet. Helped me a ton... https://m.pinkbike.com/news/Tech-Tue...hi-44-For.html
    1983 Ritchey Everest
    1996 Bianchi Mega Tube ti
    1996 Ibis Mojo Ti
    2012 Ibis Mojo HD
    2015 Kona Process 153

mtbr member
    May 2018
    A "thank you" to all those that help me out with this - much appreciated. I always like to see threads like mine closed off.

I couldn't find an OEM seal kit as they are discontinued and purchased a "MARZ NEW 32 SEAL KIT" online from RWC (Real World Cycling). The bike is back togethere and I'm riding again.

*Very seriously looking at converting mine to an eBike