Thread: Dhx rc4

Old N Slow

Dhx rc4

Hey guys need some help, just picked up a 9.9. It has a DHX RC4 on the rear, I'm trying to set it to what Trek says it should be to start out with. Only problem is I don't know if I'm doing it right. I set the low speed, then the high speed. However when I did this the low speed turned with the high. My question is does that matter? Or should I set the high speed first then the low?

The other problem is the bottom out control I don't feel any clicks, or stop points. I do I know when I'm at two clicks from full open, or 2 as Trek states?
    I'm new to this high tech stuff, my old shocks you just added air an rode off. Any input will be helpful.

U $ 4 O?
    Lsc turns w/ the hsc, count them separate

I mark a spot on the Bo to count full turns from closed on test runs. Also you can use dry erase marker to monitor travel until you get psi setup

Old N Slow
    Thanks I wasn't sure if it was a full turn or clicks that helps a lot.
    So should I set the HS first n the LS? Or don't it matter?

U $ 4 O?
    The "clicks" or indents on the lsc and hsc are independent of each other, don't matter

My bo adj doesn't have clicks either

Old N Slow
    I'm sure it's has to be better than the Vanilla air on my old Y.

Old N Slow
    Ok having problems again, switched out the spring to a heavier one. That all went fine, I just can get the shock back into the frame. The top of the shock goes back in fine, however I can't get the bottom back in. I had to wiggle it a little to get it out. Do you think loosening the pivot bolt would help?