Thread: Dhx rc4

Old N Slow

Dhx rc4

Hey guys need some help, just picked up a 9.9. It has a DHX RC4 on the rear, I'm trying to set it to what Trek says it should be to start out with. Only problem is I don't know if I'm doing it right. I set the low speed, then the high speed. However when I did this the low speed turned with the high. My question is does that matter? Or should I set the high speed first then the low?

The other problem is the bottom out control I don't feel any clicks, or stop points. I do I know when I'm at two clicks from full open, or 2 as Trek states?
    I'm new to this high tech stuff, my old shocks you just added air an rode off. Any input will be helpful.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Lsc turns w/ the hsc, count them separate

I mark a spot on the Bo to count full turns from closed on test runs. Also you can use dry erase marker to monitor travel until you get psi setup

Old N Slow
    Thanks I wasn't sure if it was a full turn or clicks that helps a lot.
    So should I set the HS first n the LS? Or don't it matter?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    The "clicks" or indents on the lsc and hsc are independent of each other, don't matter

My bo adj doesn't have clicks either

Old N Slow
    I'm sure it's has to be better than the Vanilla air on my old Y.

Old N Slow
    Ok having problems again, switched out the spring to a heavier one. That all went fine, I just can get the shock back into the frame. The top of the shock goes back in fine, however I can't get the bottom back in. I had to wiggle it a little to get it out. Do you think loosening the pivot bolt would help?